Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everyone! This is my first post. I am entered in a website design team competition for a group named "Business Professionals of America". The topic is a site about Indianapolis. We decided to make a touring site! We won 1st place at regionals and are moving to state... and we need your help We used HTML5, CSS3, PHP, MySQL, and XML. We also made an interactive quiz game with Game Maker Studio. (You can see it on the game link at the bottom of the page) We also used multiple social media site. we are looking for constructive criticism. Tell us any improvements we could make! Thanks in advanced everyone!

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    well, the design is quite nice and layout is clean, but I'm not quite sure about the color, it seems too dull for me. Also, "Tour Indianapolis" logo is quite hard to read.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I don't really like the use of gradients and shadows here. You should use CSS to generate gradients and shadows. Not only do they look better, but it reduces file size, because gradients are usually a file-size killer for images, particularly PNGs. That background gradient is particularly awful-looking, with 10px segments of each color in the gradient.

I agree with the guy above me: that purple is dull. Your color selection should excite the viewer about the Tour Indy. Your purple does not excite. And in general, purple isn't really a good choice for most websites. Take a look at this site for examples of exciting, bright colors: http://www.atlassian.com/time-wastin...rk-infographic .

H4L
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi

+1 for the dull blue/purple comments sorry.

Also one of the frames of the slideshow goes too quickly for someone who is unfamiliar and trying to figure out what you're promoting. I barely got to Elvis and the thing shot over to the next frame. Although it could be that I'm just a bit slow myself :-)

Good luck with it.

Cheers
    H4L

Member #
    for the image-links css i would use:
    outline: none;

Remove Ads