Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

This is my latest project. It is a customizable hub that will allow users to choose multiple feeds and position them in their own layout/style.

I would like to get your opinions on the overall feel/look of the design.

Also, any feedback on possible features/feeds would be great.

Not much is done, and only a image link can be provided, but I will appreciate your feedback/constructive criticism.

Link: http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/2559/vspreview.jpg

Thanks,
    Max Wright

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I like the layout, it looks like a news website and it's not messy to look at. But I'm not quite sure, what is the purpose of this website.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I like it, its neat and tidy and displays well.

But I think somethink is missing, I can't pinpoint it - like an artistic flair, or a querkyness somewhere.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @web outsourcing gateway

Thanks for your reply. The site is a feed hub which allows users to choose multiple feeds and position them. They can choose anything ranging from email, music, video, jobs, news, sports and many many more...

You could use it as a homepage I suppose.

@neicawse

Thanks for your reply. I do agree with you, and thats the exact reason I posted this thread. I may try to structure the feeds a little more so you can see some sort of dividers/borders.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    MAybe you could use some colour blocks as backgrounds to differentiate the different sections?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @AlphaMare

Thanks for your comment. I have tried to use colour blocks but struggled as the contrast between the background and font colour was terrible.

--

I have added a background and some shadowing to the feeds, I have also added the feed menu in which users can remove and add feeds. I am in the process of enabling the feeds to be moved around.

New pic: http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7141/vspreview2.jpg

Please add a comment, good or bad as I would love to know what can be edited or improved.

Many thanks,

Max Wright

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    This new layout with the dark bar and the colours at the top, and the boxes on a blue background, is an enormous improvement! Just that little bit of colour being added makes all the difference - I'm looking forward to seeing the live site.
    maxWright1992 likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    @AlphaMare

Thanks for the update. I agree, the added colour does make it look more appealing and I am still tinkering with it to get that unique feel.

I have never finished a site that I have started, and I'm planning to finish this one. I live in a area with few developers and none of my friends are in the web development industry. So I deeply value your comments, its driving my motivation.

I will personally send you a message upon(?if?) completion.

Once again, thanks,

Max Wright
    AlphaMare likes this.

Remove Ads