Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone!

Can you guys please take a look at my new site and give me your honest reviews and critiques, good or bad?

Also, please tell me how fast/slow it loads, what browser you are using and what connection type you have?

Thank you so much!

Solomon

Member #
    I'm going to guess that you want www.vb3dev.com to be reviewed.

The graphics are slick, but the text could be a little more contrasting, IMO. I look at your site and just glance down it, because the text doesn't stand out, it's a little hard to read.

The navigation up top is slick, but those who don't have flash installed will be lost. Nice work overall.

Banned
    Member #
    Thanks. As far as the text, how do you mean? What do you recommend I do with the text?

As for the no-flash people, if they don't have flash they do not belong on my site They need to get up with the program

Thanks much

Solomon

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You directly copied various elements of text from various sites. You had better show a site that doesn't use copyright infringement or I'll ban you in a heartbeat.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Banned
    Member #
    If you look closer you will find that the text may be similar but not identical. Furthermore, there are no copyright violations on my site. The LAW specifically states that short phrases cannot be copyrighted unles a special trademark is applied for.

I'll get you the legal document link from the US government in a few mins.

What cannot be copyrighted?

Titles, names, slogans and phrases cannot be copyrighted.

Other items that cannot be protected by copyrights are: ideas, methods, procedures and common knowledge such as a calendar. If the work has not been fixed in a tangible form, it cannot be copyrighted.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    it's slick.. I'm going to ignore filburts comments as I don't know baout it whether it could be true or not...

I don't like the flashy stuff.. it bugs me. Like the new posts icon, can you imagine having most of your forums haivng new posts (as is most often the case) it'll cause ceasures amoung your viewers. Also I think you have too many forums... no users... build your forum as the need arises, although frankly I don't like sites that are forum-based because there's so many of them out there (check www.vb.org). I believe they serve their purpose in some sites as support likie I've set up at www.warpspire.com/nightfire/ and you'll notice (although I'm not expectign visitors right now) that the forum is based towards development of the site, not just for people to hang around.

But, that's your choice.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Banned
    Member #

Member #
    What text is in question? Put up both versions of the text and let our members give their input.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the graphics...they're very nice. The one thing that I notice (and it might be my crappy graphics card here at work) is the background on the vB3dev.com logo. It looks like it may be a shade lighter than the rest of the header.

The text in the navigation looks a little out of place. I don't know if it's the pixel font or the outline. You've got the embedded button look going on the other parts of the site, try making the text look embedded. The flash is a little annoying, but not too bad. It's a really clean layout...I give it a 4/5

Banned
    Member #
    GrandmasterB, thanks for the input. You may have a graphics card issue cause the colors look ok on the header. But I will change the text so it looks embeded.

Thanks so much!

Solomon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads