Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Web Designer

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everybody. I am just a few weeks away from getting my first degree in web design. This is my Portfolio with my recent work. My strengths are in flash and the design aspects of web creation.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Moved to the appropriate forum.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    1: after clicking on one of your menu entries i got "server too busy at the moment"
    2: the striped footer does not fit with the rest of the page
    2: the color of the page background clashes with the flashy colors in the heading

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    First and foremost I think you should change the Resume button to direct to a resume page and then on that page offer to download resume because I myself do not like clicking on a link and have a file downloaded to my computer with out the foreknowledge. Now I have your resume on my PC when all I wanted to do was look at it

As always, since I design logos and have an eye for them, you say you have strengths in design (granted, web design and graphic design are two different entities) and on your website you have Photoshop checked as a Skill so your site should reflect these skills but it doesn't.

Where is your About page? Every site has an about page for one reason or another. Through away the Resume link and add an About page and then have a link for resume there.

I don't know, the more I look at your site, I just want to say it needs a lot of work and purpose driven direction and leave it at that.

Member #
    1. I would not have an automatic file download by clicking on a menu navigation button. At least create the Resume page, and have a link within the page for an optional download. Many people wouldn't want to download the resume, just see it. Let alone have the file downloaded without their permission/knowledge.

2. Show off your photoshop and branding skills on your website. You say on multiple pages you have photoshop and branding experience, yet you don't have too much personal branding on your site (no logo, small plain text, dull colors, etc. And the only photoshop i see is possibly the stripey pattern on the footer and maybe the header photo (if it was photoshopped).

3. The Goals and Home page seem identical, except for a few pieces of text. Maybe make the homepage into a Goals and current side projects page, and make an About page with all the background info and where you put all your personal branding/stuff about you.

4. You misspelled "originality" in the footer.

5. In your header, PORTFOLIO is where your name should be, and your name is where the word Portfolio should be. In my opinion, you should be drawing attention to Dan Pettit, not Portfolio.

Cut down unnecessary pages, and draw more attention to your brand

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Pettit, post: 248705, member: 35616
    Hey everybody. I am just a few weeks away from getting my first degree in web design. This is my Portfolio with my recent work. My strengths are in flash and the design aspects of web creation.
    I like them ! Go ahead !

Remove Ads