Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I need an overall review of my quote website http://andtheyquote.com

I need a review on the

• Overall look of the website-
    • Background Color n Texture-
    • Post Font-
    • Post Background-
    • Logo Image -
    • Logo Font-
    • Tags-
    • Categories-
    • Menu-
    • Any new sections that I can add?
    • And improvements that I can add to the design and color of the website?

Thank you for your time and your honest review in advance... It means alot to me

Member #
    Liked
    770 times

Member #
    Yes, i am facing this issue on mobile browsers :unsure: I don't know how to solve it, any idea on what could be a possible solution to this problem?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Just guessing, but suspect it has something to do with the absolute positioning you're using on your logo div... And no height or width actually specified on it either.

Then you have the nav bar specified with the same position as the logo because your not defining the margins.

When you mix absolute positioning and relative positioning ( if you don't define it, most mobile browsers assume relative positioning ).

I'd suggest trying to do this without absolute positioning ( by simply defining the height and width of the logo div ), or make sure to define everything after the one as absolute as position:relative , but since this is a WP, and I can only see the custom CSS, it may not work.

I take it the themes CSS is not handling your layout properly ( hence the custom CSS in the page ). Should probably work on getting the theme CSS adjusted, as the custom CSS is really only intended for objects specific to the page and not the site.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    I like the design overall but I would like to change some things.

• Make some sort of separation between your content and header/navigation. Without that I kind of gives it an unorganized feel
    • I like your yellow paper background for the quotes but it doesn't really work too well with the background. Either change the background or change the quote div background.
    • If i'm correct the right side with the tags and everything is supposed to be a side bar. You should also have some kind of separation from that and the content. I would suggest to add a soft gradient of 2 shades of different blue's.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Will a white background look better or an offwhite background compared to the bluish tint background I currently have? White looks professional but is very bright on the eyes as the quotes are in yellow posts its and creates a lot of empty space?

What about the overall look of the font and the postit, does it appear hazy or perfect to all of you'll?

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon365, post: 248882
    Will a white background look better or an offwhite background compared to the bluish tint background I currently have? White looks professional but is very bright on the eyes as the quotes are in yellow posts its and creates a lot of empty space?
    Well when I was first started learning this stuff the first rule of design my friend taught me was to never you a "true" color. This means never use #ffffff or #000000. He said you should always use a softer shade of a color.

For example, instead of using #FFFFFF use #F4F4F4 and instead of #000000 use #242424. This "rule" has made my life MUCH easier in design over the years. I rely heavily on this with every new design.
    Webzarus likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Remove Ads