Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am a new to web design, still in school. I would love some feedback, good or bad. It is all welcome. Thank you in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Hey Bray,

It is good that you are in school and perfecting this. How far along are you? Are they teaching you to use Tables instead of Divs? I never went to college, as I am self taught but you should be designing your site using divs not tables.

I think for the graphic design aspect of your site you should look at other websites for inspiration. When you do it gives you ideas of where you should go in laying out a site plan and moving forward with a clear idea. As it stands right now the site is really plain and in all honesty, boring. I know as you grow you will only get better, my sites started out this way as well as everyone else's.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx, post: 249285
    Hey Bray,

It is good that you are in school and perfecting this. How far along are you? Are they teaching you to use Tables instead of Divs? I never went to college, as I am self taught but you should be designing your site using divs not tables.

I think for the graphic design aspect of your site you should look at other websites for inspiration. When you do it gives you ideas of where you should go in laying out a site plan and moving forward with a clear idea. As it stands right now the site is really plain and in all honesty, boring. I know as you grow you will only get better, my sites started out this way as well as everyone else's.
    Thanks for the response. It is an accelerated program and I have a semester left. They have taught us to use divs, but I used a table for the images just for layout purposes. For my portfolio site I just wanted it to look clean. I am still learning about adding those finishing touches. As we know its all about the details. But yes I know I still have a long way to go, and I hope I am always learning and willing to learn. If you could point me in a direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Thnx again for the response.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Your website looks like a static website and very 90ish. I think you should change your font style. Create a logo, add an image slider, and use beautiful with high resolution images. Also, add descriptions/details of your services and featured works

The gray color could be very boring if you didn't use it well. You can mixed it with other colors. Check this collection of gray websites, it might help you http://designinstruct.com/visual-ins...r-inspiration/
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Outsourcing Gateway, post: 249308
    Your website looks like a static website and very 90ish. I think you should change your font style. Create a logo, add an image slider, and use beautiful with high resolution images. Also, add descriptions/details of your services and featured works

The gray color could be very boring if you didn't use it well. You can mixed it with other colors. Check this collection of gray websites, it might help you http://designinstruct.com/visual-ins...r-inspiration/
    Thank you for the response. I used a light box because it was the first one that I learned and at that time probably the easiest. So you feel I should change it from the light box to a slider of some sort. That would be more interactive. You also felt I should change the font. Did you have one or some specific font in mind. I appreciate you taking the time to look and respond. Any advice given is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    the font used for "the ray group" text looks jagged in chrome. try other fonts since they all don't look good when the font-size is large

Remove Ads