Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Religious Site

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

What do you think of the design of my site?

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Are you associated with modoism? I asked this because I found it odd, putting something about yourself (about me) on the homepage; if you're not the founder or you're not associated with this religion, I think you should not include some information about yourself on the homepage. But if you are, I think you should give more details about yourself.

When it comes to the design, it so boring and it looks very old school. Since, it's a religion for the modern day, the design should be modern too. The font is very 1990s and the banner add is oddly placed on the header. The colors, I don't like it too, very dull.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The navigation links should be separated from the header... People should not have to guess that they are clicking on a link. Define them either in a nav bar, or at least allow the underlines to display so people know they are links.

An AD in the banner ?

Your footer has no padding, everything is just jammed in there.

Pick a font, any font, just pick one and stay with it. Mixing sans-serif and serif fonts doesn't go well together. No they don't have to all the be same, but they should at least be similar in nature.

You have a background color on the far left edge of the screen ( on my iPhone ), associated with the left column, the color stops at the bottom of the column. Perhaps an overflow issue, perhaps not.

You should look at a consistent padding of your content, the pages should all be the same

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I moved the navigation system to the side bar.

Removed the ad from header.

The background is now a solid color.

The footer has padding.

I'm currently working on getting all the text the same font.

I'm keeping the overall"dull" look because less is more. It makes the site look clean.

Member #
    I agree with the minimalist 'less is more' design technique, however I feel that you are sacrificing aesthetics for this. There is a way to capture both a clean, neat look and still have it not be 'Dull'. Feel free to get some inspiration from my site, or check out hongkiat which is a cool website with many amazing designs that may inspire you. Good luck!

Regards,

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesD, post: 249445
    I agree with the minimalist 'less is more' design technique, however I feel that you are sacrificing aesthetics for this. There is a way to capture both a clean, neat look and still have it not be 'Dull'. Feel free to get some inspiration from my site, or check out hongkiat which is a cool website with many amazing designs that may inspire you. Good luck!

Regards,
    Thanks for the input. I'll take another look at what I can do with this Website sometime next week.

Remove Ads