Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I started my personal site redesign last year and finally had time and inspiration to finish it. I am self taught and have A LOT more to learn. I would love nothing more than to be fast and efficient when it comes to coding a site. Currently I am using Dreamweaver but would love to get to the point where I am writing code by scratch but it seems so far off for me, due to the fact that I am a Carpenter by trade and in my free time I have 4 children that utilize a lot of my time.

Anyways, what do you think? I know I need to make the Slider larger which I am planning on doing. When I originally designed the page in PS it worked but now looking at it, it looks small and out of place. I validated the site and only had 1 error so that makes me feel good.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Looks good like the layout and design etc But make it responsive :P for at least tablet portrait
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I would line space out the text a bit more, seems a bit squashed to me, specially the text that follows this "Hello, allow me to introduce myself."

Slow load time for me about 15 seconds, I am in Aus so not sure if that is a factor

Big gap of space between "About Me" and "Web Design"

Overall the colors and contrast looks great.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I think it's decent. I can't believe you work in Dreamweaver - I once saw Dreamweaver when I was helping a client. The thing looked ridiculously complicated. I also think it's interesting that you're a carpenter by trade. Maybe offer a combo package one day?

With that said, here are a couple things:

- Menu hover has background change and text underline. I suggest removing the underline. It feels like a redundant indicator.
    - You need better textures. Their repeating points are too close and it looks like one of those Windows desktop patterns from Windows 2000-XP. Subtlepatterns.com .
    - There's a big ol space under ABOUT ME
    - I think your designs would look better with a white background, rather than being transparent.

Remove Ads