Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Our Website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello community users,

I am new to the community and own a media agency. A few weeks ago we have revised our website. I would like to hear your opinion and get constructive feedback. For helpful tips I am very grateful.

best Regards
    Sebastian

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Moved thread to correct Forum and removed link drops in both title and body (put link into view site area) - Please read the Forum Rules before posting again. Thank you - m3n0tu18
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I always find it amusing (and irritating) to see a company claiming to be professional - whether it's just web design or as a complete media agency offering web design as one of its services - and they're using a purchased WP theme for their own site.
    If you can't even code your own site, how can you offer web design as a service?
    By all means use Wordpress - it's a good CMS if used correctly, but at least code your own theme!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I understand completely where AlphaMare is coming from. I run a personal blog but I did not make a custom theme for it. (Have before, just not this time around)

I do think from a customers view it is an alright site. Does seem a little to.. barren at the top area of the site. Then you scroll down and there is a ton more content.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Greg - Thanks - I have read your blog. No need to make a custom theme unless that is part of what you're trying to sell.
    I often use themes that have been purchased by my clients - one reason why you seldom see my sites here for review. I would only ask for a review of my own work.
    I guess from a customer's point of view the site looks OK - but again, if I were a customer and expecting custom work designed for me alone, I'd like to know that my designer had enough confidence in his work to create something original for himself.

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 249854, member: 20289
    I always find it amusing (and irritating) to see a company claiming to be professional - whether it's just web design or as a complete media agency offering web design as one of its services - and they're using a purchased WP theme for their own site.
    How are you always able to tell if it is a purchased wp theme or not? I always see you saying this to seemingly random sites.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I work with WP a lot, and I sell some themes myself. I also know most of the places where you can buy themes, and sometimes I can recognize a style from a certain vendor.

Also, when I review a site, I always look at the code. If I see see a line in the <head> that tells you the CSS for the site, like this:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www. somedomain. com/wp-content/themes/moonlight-v1.7.2/moonlight/style.css">

I know it's WordPress because of the wp-content directory, and the part after the themes directory is the name of the theme.

If it is a custom theme it's usually called something to do with the company name or the domain name.
    In this case the name has nothing to do with the company or the domain, it's "moonlight", which sounds a lot like the kind of name given to a theme for sale.

In Chrome you can just click on the CSS file and it will open - you can see the Author and the URL of the site that sells the theme at the top of the CSS file. Or you can just Google Moonlight WP theme and you'll find where it's sold and who sells it.
    TheGAME1264 and labforone/Ben like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    And that's why Mare is sexy...she spots posers and brings them down with the stallion quickness.
    AlphaMare and Andrew Yurlov like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Attachment 2729

Click for larger image...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads