Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Feedback?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello Guys!

Old client popped back up and I have started on their site. Just a contact section to put on.

Would love some feedback on the layout and features.

The images and text are placeholder for the minute while I get through more information.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    People need to seriously stop designing these single page scrolling AJAX deals. They're friggin' terrible and they're inflexible. if the content is worthy of a page, put it on a page.

The N in that scripty logo looks like an R, too. You probably want another font.

Not sure what to say other than that. it's a starting point.

If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the attack

You will probably understand that in some instances you don't have much of a say with the client. If the client wants it, the client gets it. Pays my wages in the end.

FYI the logo is placeholder.

Cheers for the reply.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, I hear that...but this is one of those things that's a present-day fad but has all the earmarks of a splash page failure. I'd raise a stink about it myself.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    It looks a lot better than what you originally had. I remember that old picture of the dark hallway... that was quite bad.

With that said, A couple things are preventing this from looking like a complete website, aside from the filler text. Logo is awkward. You could use an accent color for your CTA button, since it's the same color as your heading. I'm not sure why there's a jet engine picture. I think faster animation speeds would be appreciated. I find that even 500ms is a bit long. And finally, it awkwardly ends. I suggest adding another CTA at the bottom.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Hi, Yeah the logo as aforementioned is a placeholder

Also there will be a contact "slide" at the bottom.

Cheers for the feedback

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    For small sites the single page layout works very well. The Site looks great to me a nice and clean design, well done.
    labforone/Ben likes this.

Remove Ads