Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Alright, so I designed this website for a friend of my father when I was first learning HTML/CSS about 6 months ago. He didn't have any website at all and I'm still willing to pretty much do my work for free while I learn so it worked out for both of us. It's pretty basic and now that I'm more proficient and starting to move into Javascript I'd like to give it a facelift and bring it forward since I've never really been happy with it.

The guy I'm doing this for hasn't exactly been extremely helpful on telling what type of things he wants so I've been having to do a lot of the design, etc on my own.

What I'm Planning:
    -Improve/create a logo
    -Add in some interactivity with scripted images on the home page
    -Overall design improvement to make it a little more professional

Any help/advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    The site as it is right now needs a lot of help, I understand that when you made it you were learning HTML/CSS and most likely still are.

Logo
    It does need a logo which you should make a nice logo that you can then pitch to them to use as their company logo as well as on their business cards. Why make a logo and have it on their site if it doesn't match the business logo a customer would see at the shop, it doesn't make since, and would be a smart move for the company.

Slider
    I would add a Image banner Slider to the home page and remove the main shop image from the content area and add it to the slider along with some of the work they have done.

Overall Design
    First off I would look for some inspirational designs and base your design ideas off of them to help give you a good looking design, rather than what you currently have. example (relatively simple design, similar color style as yours would work great for your type of site) You can look over the google images for other similar website designs.

Member #
    Thanks for tips!

I'm almost done with classes so I should have a lot more time to start really putting time into redesigning it and learning a little more photoshoping skills.

My secondary question is, do you think it's even necessary to have more than one or maybe 2 pages?

I was contemplating simply cutting it down to a home page and a services page. I feel that it would give the overall design a much cleaner feeling.

Remove Ads