Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello guys..

I need help on my dental website project im working on.Basically,im bad at colors.So,can you please help me suggest what color with be good for the website..

And any suggestions is open..Thank you...

Thank you..

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Juan,

You weren't kidding... you really are bad with colors . Well, today's your lucky day, because I too am bad with colors, but I've read enough about color theory to give you some tips. My entire review will only be about your colors, because they are quite awful right now.

When in doubt, just use white
    Nobody really messes up a website when they use black text on a white background. It's very hard to go wrong with those colors, in the same way that it's hard for people to look like a fashion mess with a white t-shirt and denim jeans - it's not going to land you a modeling gig, but it's safe and is really hard to mess up. After you have a white site, then you can add bits of one color to spice things up, like links and buttons and maybe the menu.

Learn about the color wheel or use a color tool
    http://colorschemedesigner.com/ <- use this tool to help you get a color pallette. I think you'd be fine with a "monochromatic" color pallette. That means you're using one color hue, but you play with the saturation and brightness of that one hue and use the different colors to make a website. If you look at this forum, you can probably see that it's all created with one hue as well. Complements are not bad as well. I would say stay away from anything else, because it's quite difficult to manage.

Use appropriate colors
    Colors have meaning. In the case of a dentist, I think using colors that are light or fresh or joyful would really be good. I say this because most people don't like the dentist and so having a nice website would help trick them into thinking that their next visit won't hurt. Here's an example that I found online. It's not that great, IMO, but it's the friendliest looking one I found during my short search: http://www.dr-beck.lu/cms/dr-beck/in...lang=1&idcat=1

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I agre with RD - cool bright colours, blues and greens - the purple has to go.

Do a Google search for dental sites and take note of the ones you like - make specific notes about what appeals to you on each site - the try to incorporate similar things into your site.
    Here is another good example - clean, bright, well-organized: http://www.maxillovendome.ca/
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Nice find AlphaMare. That really is a well-designed site. Very light and friendly looking. Despite that though, the main dentist is mean-mugging :devil: in every photo.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 250653, member: 30952
    the main dentist is mean-mugging :devil: in every photo.
    Which one?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    i agree with them. The purple really has to go. But is it the main color for your dental brand? I noticed that even the 'logo' was colored purple. If what I noticed is really the case, then I suggest for you to look for websites with a touch of purple in them but still looks professional, copy the color pallete (just a bit of inspiration, don't copy the entire distribution as is).

You can also use http://webcolourdata.com/. Web Colour Data lets you easily grab the colors used from any URL, even weighting the different colors to show how prevalent they are. It gives not just the hex codes for each color, but also gives you charts to show hue distribution and even where the hues appear on the color wheel, and sites with similar color schemes.

Hope this is helpful. Not just on this project, but to future projects.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Juan,

Site looks good but I don't like that brown color maybe change it to a nice white tone.

Patrick

Remove Ads