Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

Please review my website design. I am looking for reviews on following things:

usability
    site purpose
    appearance

Thank you for your feedback

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I really like your site.

Compared to a dictionary site, say for example, urbandictionary.com or dictionary.com, your website is unbelievably pretty. I really hate dictionary websites because they are just butt ugly and try to plaster as many words as possible on their front page, but they are still ugly as sin, IMO.

I have absolute no interest in Jamaican slang and I don't know any Jamaicans (except Dee Jay from Super Street Fighter 2 ), but your site design should be a standard for dictionary websites.

Couple things:
    - The picture on the front is quite big. I feel like a little more could be squeezed in there (more than just a word of the day).
    - It wasn't obvious to me at first what JP and ENG meant. Maybe make ENG italicized or add parentheses?
    - On the front, in the boxes of the 3 words beneath the word of the day, there is A LOT of empty space.
    - I think you could use a better background pattern than the white stitch.

You seem to have put a lot of time into this website. Can I ask if you plan to monetize it in anyway?

Again, very nice site. "Big Up" to Jamaican Patwah.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    really nice website. you've got some real artistic talent. its unique from other dictionary sites like the post mentioned above.

I also do think it should be a standard for all dictionary websites.
    bioshatta likes this.

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    APPEARANCE: Nice color pallete; I love the use of white space; I also like the 404 page.
    SITE PURPOSE: Do you mean does it follow the dictionary you wanted? perhaps you can use the n, v, stuff to classify if the word is a noun, verb to further ensure the site's purpose.
    USABILITY: So far, I've seen the navigation was consistent throughout.

All in all, nicely done.
    bioshatta likes this.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Nice site colors used are consistent and work well.

Remove Ads