Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys,

This is my first ever site. Getting a little bit of traffic but a too-high bounce rate. I'm using Headway Theme which is actually a drag-and-drop designer so the actual layout is mine. What this means is I can make changes to the layout as it's not a hard-coded premade theme.

I'm not good at designing so am not looking for anything fancy. Something to entice the viewers and to help them find what they are looking for. As you can see I attempted to do this by having my post categories as a dropdown in the menu.

Thanks heaps!

Member #
    Hello,

Decent design but overall good for first time. one thing I'd say it lacks is colour. If you add some colour to it. for example the Navigation at the top, or may be have the unlinked content in different colours and the links in another colour. Could take the colours from the logo itself and implement them in the design. it will make the site more vibrant and visually appealing. Content is well presented although the "Breaking News" navigation on the right is all the way down - almost at the bottom. (Viewed in firefox 20.0.1)

Good!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Needs some fine-tuning. Overall your layout is good, but there are a bunch of odd things I saw just from glancing at it for 25 seconds.

- really narrow padding, yet huge content width
    - narrow padding, yet huge space between content and sidebar
    - menu item borders are messed up
    - social items are just kind of thrown up there on the top right
    - overally a very dull design. Gray accents will do that to a site. Try inserting color. I'd say start with working in 1 bright accent color.

Remove Ads