Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Design Concept

Member #
    Liked
    171 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

More of just a Design Concept that I made rather than a complete coded website. Basically what I have been up to lately now that I am between jobs (my union carpenter job that is). Let me know what you think. I saw the "Polaroid" type photo idea on another site and thought it would work on this design so I recreated it.

I am in the process of offering a trade for one of her dogs for my services to help her with her web presence which seems to need help. Let me know what you think..

Here is the site:.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm assuming the dog being offered for trade is a purebred. Sweet contra if that's the case.

I like it overall, but I can barely read the footer links. You're probably better off going dark on the light green. Same with the light green text.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Sweet Contra? do you mean good deal? if so that is what I am thinking.

She sells her dogs for around $1600 because they are a purpose breed also known as a marshmallow breed, one that specifically takes a certain type of dog and breeds it with another ideal type dog to produce a specific outcome like hypo-allergenic mild manor dog. She breeds Golden Retrieves with Poodles and cocker spaniel so you get the mild manor retriever and the hypo-allo puddle and the size of a cocker. She explains the break down here. For some of these breeds it's quite the science. In Australia (I think it is or Austria lol) they have bred the ultimate drug sniffing dog "for airport security" by breeding just the right dogs together to get the best outcome, one they ended up patenting. Pretty crazy none the less.

Anyways, thanks for the great feedback, I will defiantly change the footer font when and if she decides to use me. I made the green text bold to help it stand out more but yeah it would be better to just darken it up.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Contra = trade of services and/or goods with no cash exchanged. It's usually service for service, but this is a good take on the subject.

I figured the dogs would be 4-digits, but (and I'm about to date myself here) I grew up around dogs in the 80s. My mother bred black/golden/chocolate Labs and because the mother Lab was my dog emotionally, two litters of puppies were born in my room. So I basically grew up learning how to train and raise dogs at a young age. The labs sold for $400 then because they were purebred (a chocolate and a black Lab was still considered a purebred Lab), and any mixed-breed dogs at that time (e.g. a golden and a poodle) were considered mutts and had no resale value. So I'm surprised that a mixed-breed dog has that kind of value now. Obviously things have changed in the last 20 years.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Thanks for explaining the Contra, when I hear contra I think of the game Contra, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, A, B, select, start, lol... We call it bartering here so it would be barter.

As for the dogs, yeah the "purpose" breeds cost a lot of money. We bought a purebred golden lab a few years back and it was $500 so that hasn't changed much. I have spoken to purebred breeders before and the ones I spoke with still considered these "purpose" breed dogs as mutts, which to someone who is willing to spend anywhere between $1000 - $1800 would take it hard just like its hard on a purebred breeder to see these types of dogs fetching twice what their purebreds sell for. So I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I have 4 friends who have gone this route with a purpose bred dog and would do it again. I am technically ok with it because I am planning on trading for the dog. I have a hard time spending anything over $400-$500 for any dog.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times

So do they!
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    *shaking my head* "my N@$%@ KC", "what the heck you call me," "I mean my friend KC" LMAO.....

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I really like your mockup. I like that dark brown - light brown - light blue combo; it reminds me of a cupcake. I don't think the light green contrasts well or mixes well with the other 3 colors. Like THEGAME mentioned, the footer is hard to read.

PS That dude in the rap video is the dude from "The League."

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    I love the design, My only suggestion is maybe make the navigation bar a ribbon with it flowing out of the edges? If that makes sense.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I agree, for some reason it makes me think of cupcakes as well lol. I went with Green and blue to go with the brown sorta like the sky and grass, with the sky color being on the top and the grass being at the bottom so that is why I incorporated the green. I will consider looking for a different color that might mix better with the colors.

I was going to make the blue bar a ribbon and have it wrap one of the sides or both but ended up just leaving it like it was because I got side tracked, but that is a good idea though.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads