Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my first official website I have made, and I would like to know what you guys think of it. Open to all suggestions of course.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Base742,

Your website style is very dated. Don't take offense when I say that this is the style of website that I saw when I was in high learning about websites. Things like gigantic body fonts, using solid red text to indicate important text, solid grey backgrounds, and scrolling text no longer meet today's standard of web design. You can do them, but it just looks so dated. I don't know what you used to design this, but hopefully you have someway of making mass, uniform design changes via either PHP, CSS. or maybe Dreamweaver template?

The one thing I do like is the menu you have setup. The term some people use for it is "mega menu." I really enjoy mega menus and it seems to suit your baseball league very well.
    I have to ask 2 questions: how old are you and what program did you use to design this?

I'm guessing you are a young dude?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    contrast between background and text is low and thus hard to read. you could correct this by adding transparency to background. the rest is nice. cheers!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 251489, member: 30952
    Base742,

Your website style is very dated. Don't take offense when I say that this is the style of website that I saw when I was in high learning about websites. Things like gigantic body fonts, using solid red text to indicate important text, solid grey backgrounds, and scrolling text no longer meet today's standard of web design. You can do them, but it just looks so dated. I don't know what you used to design this, but hopefully you have someway of making mass, uniform design changes via either PHP, CSS. or maybe Dreamweaver template?

The one thing I do like is the menu you have setup. The term some people use for it is "mega menu." I really enjoy mega menus and it seems to suit your baseball league very well.
    I have to ask 2 questions: how old are you and what program did you use to design this?

I'm guessing you are a young dude?
    Yea i know it is dated lol. But i just copied what they had on their website and pasted it onto the new one. The only main thing they needed was the menu. They had no navigation bar. Just a bunch of links in the body text and what not. I am 16 and used Dreamweaver CS6, I also didn't do to much because they paid me with little money. If they paid me more, i would have fixed it up a lot better. And thanks for the feedback. The only problem is, I don't know how to code PHP. I did get taught to use templates, i jut forgot to use one for this website. But i did use one for the team pages. Also this website was for a school project but it just turned into a paid project they wanted to use. lol i still need to learn about javascript and PHP and a bit more about CSS. Thanks again.

Remove Ads