Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi All,

So its been a while since I've posted a new site build review, But I would like you to know what you think of this? Anything I should change?

Just to note, the colored (metro style) box's will have hotlinks, when the client decides what to put so at the moment its just there for aesthetics.

Also, in the Powershell section, it looks as if with code its not posting it in this format:
    Code:
    CODE HERE
    Don't worry it is, its just an administrator of the system is new to it and has not put the code tags around the powershell scripts.

This site is fully responsive, so check it out on your tablets and cell devices.

Look forward to your reviews. Even if you are not a designer or programmer
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I am not a coder (except for some practical PHP and trying to learn Ruby in my spare time), so I have absolutely no idea what anything means on that site . With that said, I have a lot of comments about the site:

- I don't really like the homepage layout. I'm on my laptop and I pretty much only see the menu, the blue "splash" box, and this red/yellow/blue/green graphic that I don't really understand the purpose of? I say I don't like the layout because the welcome message and links to recent posts is basically stuffed underneath the above, as if they are secondary in importance, when they should be 1st, IMO.

- I feel that you should completely redesign your responsive menu so that it takes up less space. As it is, each menu item is expanded, has a lot of padding, and takes up an entire screen. Common methods I see are either a dropdown menu or a click-to-expand menu, with those dashed lines as the icon representing "click me to see menu." It's also hard to distinguish where the menu ends and where the body begins. I believe this can be remedied by making the menu background dark, so as people scroll, they will see a different background color, which would help indicate the start of a new section.

- Images should be max-width:100%. See about page, there is a picture that is wider than screen.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 251554, member: 30952
    I am not a coder (except for some practical PHP and trying to learn Ruby in my spare time), so I have absolutely no idea what anything means on that site . With that said, I have a lot of comments about the site:

- I don't really like the homepage layout. I'm on my laptop and I pretty much only see the menu, the blue "splash" box, and this red/yellow/blue/green graphic that I don't really understand the purpose of? I say I don't like the layout because the welcome message and links to recent posts is basically stuffed underneath the above, as if they are secondary in importance, when they should be 1st, IMO.

- I feel that you should completely redesign your responsive menu so that it takes up less space. As it is, each menu item is expanded, has a lot of padding, and takes up an entire screen. Common methods I see are either a dropdown menu or a click-to-expand menu, with those dashed lines as the icon representing "click me to see menu." It's also hard to distinguish where the menu ends and where the body begins. I believe this can be remedied by making the menu background dark, so as people scroll, they will see a different background color, which would help indicate the start of a new section.

- Images should be max-width:100%. See about page, there is a picture that is wider than screen.

Thanks for the comments there Most appreciated.

Yes the slide area and the cta buttons are still under development (I mentioned this when I posted this thread) - They will have a new "use" when the client gets back to me on it.

Agree'd with the menu on the cell devices. Issue is I don't quite know what the technical term is to create that kind of "tap to open" menu system, any ideas?

Thanks for the max-width:100% on the images, I didn't notice that the client uploaded images into the about me section. Remedying it now!

Thanks!!

M
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Menotu,

Here's a tutorial for that menu: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/responsive-web-nav/

You can also vary the way that menu acts, for example: http://mashable.com/

Also, I forgot, when you do max-width:100%, be sure to also add height:auto. It's a small thing, but I think older browsers don't automatically scale the image so it becomes skewed.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista, post: 251576, member: 30952
    Here's a tutorial for that menu: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/responsive-web-nav/

Wow, thanks for that. I have been looking for a good responsive navigation menu.
    -bookmarked-
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    i like the unique use of white space in header. your use of multiple imports inside style section in the head is very efficient (i didn't know that was possible, but i am a newbie). there sure are a lot of </div> tags, but i'm too lazy to to check them all, but as long as your are sure then that's cool. i don't know if the "latest posts" section on most sites use table tags, i just mention it because i have read so many times online that tables are only for tabular data. cheers!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Remove Ads