Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Eligible Bachelor Website

Hey everyone, I desire to create a website that features an eligible bachelor so that he can get snail mail and electronic mail from women all over the world who have an interest in him based on what they see. It's pretty exclusive. He is not wealthy, so he needs to marry for love.

I have never done anything like this before and when I looked online, I saw no other web page like what I have in mind to create!

I need a great enough response from the site to give the bachelor a potential bride. One that he can correspond with, meet...and eventually end up tieing the knot with.

I haven't found anywhere where I can gain consultation from an expert for the design strategy, so I'm trying my luck here.

Does anybody know how to point me in the right direction?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This could be a tricky one, since you don't actually have a website. So where / how we guide you will depend on exactly what type of help you're looking for.

Before you go any further, though, I think your idea (or at least a large part of it) has been done already, and been done more than once. Here's an example of a site that I worked on many many many years ago from a development point of view (the content and design weren't mine, and it's changed quite a bit since I last worked on it). I don't see a mailing option, but it sounds like the concept is pretty similar. I've seen what sounds like the same thing with Russian, Filipino, and Chinese women as well.

If there's something in your idea that's different than that which I've interpreted (and there may very well be...I actually hope I'm wrong and there is), then what you may be looking for first isn't a designer or a developer, but a business planner and quite possibly a lawyer. Someone that can take your idea and tell you exactly what you need to get it off the ground (since if it is original, a design alone won't cut it...dating is a cutthroat industry). I'm not sure who or what to recommend in that case, as that sort of thing is pretty far outside of the scope of a web design forum and since I don't know of any business planners that do website stuff. If your idea is original, don't even think about asking for design or development (programming) help until you've gotten some objective business advice and ideally some legal documentation to protect your idea. The design strategy itself should be discussed between you, the designer, and/or developer, and that conversation should come after.

If this sounds harsh, I don't intend it to be. I intend it to be helpful, as you've done something most people with ideas don't do on these forums...you've actually given us a little bit of detail pertaining to your idea as opposed to just saying "I have a really good idea and I need a partner." You also didn't write some sort of spammy "I'm going to change the world" post. You came with respect and you came looking for legitimate help. For that, you deserve respect, and I wish you well. I just want to make sure that you're aware of as much as we can make you aware of, that's all.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Jun 16th, 2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Testing something.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thats some thing very creative idea. There are plenty of sites available with free templates, you can google and choose accordingly. Hire a designer and ask to design for you .

Member #
    That site link didn't work for me. I haven't been able to find any individual sites on the internet that aren't linked to an expensive network, by that I am saying...most bachelorettes or bachelors post profiles on matchmaking websites, but the number of those who go out of their way to create something personalized on their own domain are few and far between. I AM looking for unique - eye catching content. Thank you for your insight.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay...I don't really understand what it is that you're asking then. What you just said is pretty vague.

You say "most bachelorettes or bachelors post profiles on matchmaking websites, but the number of those who go out of their way to create something personalized on their own domain are few and far between." I really don't know what that means. The number of "those"...is that the "bachelors/bachelorettes"? Are you talking about the matchmaking websites?

This part: "
    I AM looking for unique - eye catching content." First of all, "eye catching" is highly subjective. What I like won't be what you like and what you like may not be what your target audience likes (and what I like probably isn't what your target audience likes, either). Second, the "unique" part of the content isn't going to come from anyone or anything but you and your idea. That's what makes it unique. I'm not sure why you're asking people on a forum to supply you with that, quite frankly. Anyone who gives you an answer publicly that you can work with also gives that answer to anyone reading the forum (and there are a ton of lurkers here).

In other words, you need to figure out what you want on your site, what you think will work for your target market, and you in all likelihood are looking for a business planner. And you're going to have to really get into detail on this part of it with the planner...figure out the features you want, figure out the language, figure out the marketing plan, figure out everything else. Again, you don't even want to think about talking to a designer or developer until you've done that because you won't have enough for that person to go on, you won't get what you want, and it'll be a bad deal on both sides. You'll be frustrated because you won't get what you wanted, and the designer or developer will be frustrated because of a lack of direction. One thing on that, too...telling a designer/developer "that doesn't work for me" won't work for them because it doesn't give that person an idea behind what "does" work. You'll want to focus more on what "does" work than what "doesn't".

I know why you think that you want to find a designer and/or developer that will help you...you want a nice pretty looking site that will draw all kinds of attention and get people to sign up and you'll make money when the bachelors find their brides. You're a step too far ahead, though, and that's why you're not finding what you ultimately want.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Nightingale View Post
    Hey everyone, I desire to create a website that features an eligible bachelor so that he can get snail mail and electronic mail from women all over the world who have an interest in him based on what they see. It's pretty exclusive. He is not wealthy, so he needs to marry for love.

I have never done anything like this before and when I looked online, I saw no other web page like what I have in mind to create!

I need a great enough response from the site to give the bachelor a potential bride. One that he can correspond with, meet...and eventually end up tieing the knot with.

I haven't found anywhere where I can gain consultation from an expert for the design strategy, so I'm trying my luck here.

Does anybody know how to point me in the right direction?
    Do some research in the net. There are several Bachelor sites already in the net and you may can get some ideas from those.

Remove Ads