Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Dear All,

I have launched my new site for a local soccer club. Can you tell me what you think. The address is www.hamrunspartansfc.com

Thanks

Member #
    ok, overall its not too bad. Some suggestions/comments.

- lose the splash screen. They serve no real purpose on a site like this.. Also, your colors aren't websafe, so the outlines can be seen.
    - Repeating Backgrounds are not a good thing...
    - Its a slow load..
    - I like the overall presentation of the site, but its a bit too dark for my liking..

3/5

EDIT: i change my mind, i will give it 3.5/5 good job.

Member #
    Hey thanks for your review. I wish to reply to some observations you said.

1) I am not sure if you are into soccer sites, but most of them have a splash screen, so I chose that idea. At the moment it is like that since the site is not 100% finished, however in the future it will contain wallpaper downloads and some exclusive news we might have

2) Regarding the repeating background, you are right but I had no better idea what to do.

3) It slow I agree, however I think that my server is slow. No budget at the moment to improve it.

4) I had to choose that colour scheme cause the colours are red and black and I had to stick to that idea.

However, thanks for the rating, I think it is quite good!

Thanks for the time to review the site too!

Member #
    interviews
    Captain's Comments
    Coach's Comments
    New Article
    Historic Moment
    Guestbook
    Interviews should have a capital letter on your nav.

If you roll off your "media" nav bar via the word media - it doesnt disappear.

3.5/5 - good job. - whydo you have the repeating logo background - it isn't visible on the actual site as far i can see,.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    1) Yeah I have to amend that Interviews nav.

2)I cannot understand why it does not disappear, the code is the same for all navigation, can you help?

3) I have'nt the slightest idea what to do instead of that background

Thanks for the rating

Member #
    I like the site. I suggest you get rid of the background image on your drop-down menus and also add some sort of border to the menus, maybe black.

Also, your media menu will not disappear b/c you have the "M" in mediaMenu capitalized. Javascript is case sensitive. See below:

MM_showHideLayers('clubMenu','','hide','historyMen u','','hide','matchesMenu','','hide','MediaMenu',' ','hide','fansMenu','','hide')
    }

Member #
    I don't know if you've changed your nav- but now the problem is with all the menu bars
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    No I did not change anything, I don't know what to do. Sometimes they fade, sometimes they don't

Member #
    On top of the other things that have been said, I have this to add: On the homepage, the main content has a black background behund the text, but on the rest of the pages in the site, the text is on a red bg. I'm not a huge fan of inverted text, but the white text looks better on a black bg than the red bg IMO.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Interesting look. There are some things I would consider revising, though.

The highlight column on the right takes up a considerable amount of real-estate on longer pages.

Both columns (right and left) seem a bit detached from the rest of the design, likely due to the background image.

The font (white on red bg) is a bit difficult to read. Consider making your content black text on a light bg.

Popup menus blend in with the site a little TOO much... they almost disappear.

The grid in the content bg is doing nothing for you

Homepage seems a bit awkwardly laid out. Maybe have less columns of information in the middle.

All in all, it looks like you just need to get a pencil and paper and rethink the details of the layout. Other than that, it looks very complete.

Good job

Remove Ads