Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Graphic Design Portfolio

I did post this website whilst I was creating it - but now that its finished I want to fine-tune it as much as
    possible.

If there's any bugs you notice or things that could be improved please let me know.

Shaun Wilson Portfolio

Member #
    It is sooooooooooooooper keep it up
    nice effort

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Tool about 45 seconds to load ( east coast USA )...

Not really digging the slide to view effect, but to each his own.

as a portfolio "display" site, decent... I wouldn't expect a lot of "browse by" traffic, and its gonna be tough to get indexed and listed on major search engines for this category without much actual content.

ive tried to explain this to graphics designers in the past, you have no excuse for not having content that would pull in the search engines and potential clients... But very few actually put anything but their graphics on their pages... Yeah... I know... You're a graphic designer and that's what should be highlighted... Yeah... Peoe are "visual"... But search engines are not "visual"... Over time... Sure, your images are picked up... Possibly indexed correctly... But I know very few people that search for a graphics designer on google using the "google images"... Find a nice picture... Then try to find out where it came from...

just my opinion

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I only have to say what WZ said, but I'll add one more thing to it.

You do very nice graphic work. You draw way better than I do. But that means...well, not a whole lot. There are about a million "designers" that draw way better than I do and do very nice graphic work, and on the surface I don't see how you set yourself apart from them in a positive manner. It's just art...that's it. That's subjective.

The other thing I noticed is that you say "I" a lot and talk about "I", and not "you". What's in it for "you" to hire "me"?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Impressive design work.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well, my work doesn't hold a candle compared to yours. I also think the navigation system on the portfolio section is interesting. My only complaint is how I had to scroll down the site to see the content. At first, I thought your Website had a intro page. Also, what is CV?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    CV is Curiculum Vitae.

@ thegame1264, What kind of thing did you have in mind for 'setting apart' from other designers? Any examples / ideas of what you mean would be great so I can improve things for my next website.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Curriculum Vitae, which is Latin for "resume", which in French is "resumé" and in Australian is "g'day mate, 'ere's all da bleedin' work oi did!"
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Then why does the OP have something in latin?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    LOL.
    @Justin, it's just what it's know as - CV or Resume, loads of english words are derived from other languages. I'm pretty sure they call it CV in USA and UK as well, though perhaps I'm mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads