Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By RDesignista

Thread: Email Newsletter Template

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Email Newsletter Template

Hey everyone its been a while, I also notice the new forum design change, its pretty awesome.

Any who not sure if this gets posted here but by first attempt to an email newsletter template Email news templatealso where the heck do you post the URL so it shows up in the thumbnail.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Nice layout for a newsletter. I would recommend changing the gray BG color, the gray gives it a dull feeling. If you change it to white I think the reds would pop better. Other than that I think it is great! What Newsletter company is the client using?? I used MailChimp for a congressional campaign and they worked great!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I hate makeup...and by "hate", I mean "I wish the product was never invented, as nearly every woman who wears it looks about 10 years older and appears to be slightly threatened at the presence of a cloud."

With that said, I think that's a good email template. It's simple, it's clean, it would probably render well in the majority of email clients and web browsers (depending on how it's coded when it's not in JPG form of course) and it should bring in some money from the ladies.

Four things I'd say, though. #2 and #3 would depend on how the newsletter is being sent out:

1) I'd increase the line height of the text in the body, although again, I'm not sure how some email clients handle CSS line height (I very rarely play with HTML-formatted emails).

2) Is there a plain text alternative or a link provided in the body of the newsletter for people who can't see the images in it? Later versions of Outlook in particular block images by default.

3) Is there an opt-out link as well? You always have to allow people the opportunity to opt out of an email newsletter blast, and make sure that you're not harvesting the emails for any other reason.

4) I'm fully prepared at this point to chalk this one up as "me misreading something and being stupid." But when I first read Sophie Bissuel's name, I actually misread it as "Bisexual" and for a split second was wondering what the LGBT tie-in was. If it's at all possible and if anyone besides me is crackheaded enough to make that jump, you might want to put someone else there...or if this woman's married, use her other last name.

Just so it's clear, though, I think it's up to your usual levels of wicked awesome.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    My bad, the free web host pop up popped up and so the BG was darker than if you closed the pop up which I did and I actually like the colors used in it...

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    MYIW Designs,

Glad to see you posting something. The forum has been running slim on submissions from actual graphic designers.

With that said, I like your work, but I want to share my opinion on newsletter designs.

1. Images aren't as important as text.

2. Gmail requires that you click a thing saying "show images from xxx@xxx.com", meaning that at first email, people won't see the images, thus stressing point 1 even more.

3. Although it is a good design for a website, I believe email is a bit different. When people browse websites, they are going to explore a bit. When people open emails, they expect a point. So what's the point of that email?

PS I can't wait for your website to reopen!
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Hey guys thanks for the comments, just to let you all know I just did the PSD I don't have to worry about coding it or anything

Remove Ads