Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fireproofgfx
  • 2 Post By Webzarus

Thread: New Website Design for Small Island Designs

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Post New Website Design for Small Island Designs

Just finished the redesign of my company website. Was wondering if you guys could have a look around and give me some feedback. I would just like to know if you like the look/feel of the site and the usability. Any constructive criticism would be great Thanks in advance [EDIT: Moved the link to the Review box. TheGAME1264]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Aug 29th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    The site feels like the rainy gloomy day I am having here in Washington today. The gray gives it a monotone/boring feel. Your home page, even though it has a image slider, doesn't show me anything exciting to hook me as a potential client. A lot of words, plus no visuals is no good.

Keep working on it. If you don't have anything for your portfolio as of yet, take some time to make some. Maybe take on some free work (something simple) that can go into your portfolio. Then highlight your portfolio, show off your work and be proud of it. Don't hide it behind all of this text.
    bettis007 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Reminds me of the term "Jack of all trades, Master of none"...

you have so many different things listed as what you offer, I suspect you'll confuse potential clients.

Although original, that doesn't always mean better... Your site should be your showplace, to show what you are capable of, and although the buzzword of minimalist comes to mind, I don't get the impression that's what you were going for.

navigatikn is kind of confusing ( if you gotta tell people to "look for links" ) , you should re-think that strategy... 10-15 years ago, this site would be considered OK, now, the average person looking for goods and services on the Internet is much more tech savy... And they are looking for a "potential" match in ideals, styles and techniques that they want for themselves.

a portfolio is extremely important in letting people see your capabilities and skills.

it doesn't have to be a catch22, "I gotta get clients to have a portfolio, but I got to have a portfolio to get clients "....

VolunteerMatch - Where Volunteering Begins , if no one in your area, look under "virtual opportunities"... Find some that need assistance ...

this will help you in several ways...

1. It will give you portfolio items that will show different skill sets.
    2. It will give you some experience in dealing with customers and customer issues
    3. You might actually learn some new things you haven't been exposed to
    4. These guys are usually so grateful for the help, they will write a recommendation... Or allow you to use them as a reference

one of my interns from years ago, was in a similar situation as you... I got him to go here do a couple of jobs for a couple of different non-profits... They like his work and work ethic so much, one of the guys on the Board of Directors for the non-profit, hired him on full time as his corporate web guy....

Member #
    To be honest with you, I don't think people will trust a web design company or website like yours.
    There are some problems I think you should change.
    1. When my mouse hovers over the links of your website, the color of the links, at least, should be changed so that visitors can know what they are pointing to.
    2. The website is too simple, yes too simple. As a web design company or website, if you cannot make your own website look professional, it is hard for you to persuade other people to select you.

However, there are still some advantages of your website, such as the pretty logo of your website.

Member #
    I would be sure to take the second META Keyword tag out.... if not both... . lol...

Remove Ads