Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anothe Revamping of Myiwdesigns Website

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Anothe Revamping of Myiwdesigns Website

Hey everyone

currently in the process of rebrading, new logo , website etc. ...again
    For those of you who know me this will be my 4th redesign of Myiwdesigns.com I think.
    Don't no why I could never be satisfied.

very original old site: Website Design Graphic Logos | myiwdesigns.com
    2nd attempt: http://myiwdesigns.comuv.com/images/re.png
    3rd: http://myiwdesigns.comuv.com/

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns View Post
    Don't no why I could never be satisfied.
    That's how you know your a designer.

Anyway, awesome design as always. Not much to suggest on this one because its good as is. One thing I will say is that you seem to be missing a footer? Was that intentional or not?
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Yurlov View Post
    Welcome back!

That's how you know your a designer.

Anyway, awesome design as always. Not much to suggest on this one because its good as is. One thing I will say is that you seem to be missing a footer? Was that intentional or not?
    Thanks glad to be back! I'm currently working on it just showing the process so no footer yet

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm going to do something I very rarely do and offer a criticism of the design itself, albeit a minor one. The white on yellow buttons are too hard to read. A dark foreground color on those buttons is in order. Other than that, it looks awesome.

But I'm not sure I like where you're going with it. You do and draw some kickass stuff, but I don't think where you're going is going to reflect that. It's going to look, feel, and sound the same as every other corporate web designer/graphic designer site. You have the rare ability to incorporate a bit of originality into your designs and this isn't what I know you're capable of. I have no idea how you solve that issue, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I'm going to do something I very rarely do and offer a criticism of the design itself, albeit a minor one. The white on yellow buttons are too hard to read. A dark foreground color on those buttons is in order. Other than that, it looks awesome.

But I'm not sure I like where you're going with it. You do and draw some kickass stuff, but I don't think where you're going is going to reflect that. It's going to look, feel, and sound the same as every other corporate web designer/graphic designer site. You have the rare ability to incorporate a bit of originality into your designs and this isn't what I know you're capable of. I have no idea how you solve that issue, though.
    Yeah I agree, will have to do something about the design. I started resigning the logo first and before i know it I'm doing the website also. Just want to find a good direction. I have no problem creating designs for others but when it comes to me its difficult.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, the logo's different and it's definitely abstract...but like you said, it's hard to brag yourself up if you're good at what you do. You don't want to sound like an arrogant toolbox but you still want to make yourself look good. Very fine line.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    the hardest job is to promote yourself. I always think copywriting is the hardest part. I'm not a big fan of blowing smoke up my ***, and it's always good to review and get feedback by friends or others, so here it is.
    • Get a footer asap, you need this in order to finalize your website from header to footer.
    • Make sure your 'showcase' position (blue background) is wide from left to right. instead of a fixed width.
    • All your links are set with target="_new" which is very annoying to browse your website.
    • Try to base your template an a responsive template. You can't do without anymore nowadays as a designer.
    • Get some more contrast in backgrounds with a colour scheme. This always gives your website a flow how people navigate it.

Hope this is opens some doors to finish your project

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's just a JPG, BlackBike. If anything's loading in a new window, it's probably the host doing that. It's also why her layout is a fixed width.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I'd like to bump everything that THEGAME mentioned.

It does look a bit generic.

The white on that yellow-green is hard to read.

And the "FREE WEBHOSTING" is a bit tacky for my tastes :-D.

I've seen a lot of websites, and my God, I just love somebody with a fresh idea or style. The 1st version had that. It was a bit messy in some areas, but I loved the bright, playful colors and the characters whom you obviously drew yourself (as opposed to people who use those office stock characters that I see everywhere!!!!) Emblematiq, Odopod, DemiCreative are other examples of websites that I personally remember and think highly of, without even looking up my bookmarks, because their style was so unique. And even though I'm not a designer, plenty of prospects have told me that my website looked so different from all the other ones they saw. Unique is good, IMO, and you being a designer, I think you should make that a goal for a redesign. My 2 cents.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I personally like your second and third version sites better than this one. This one appears a bit too plain compared to the others.
    All of them are nice though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads