Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cranavvo

Thread: Software Directory Website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Software Directory Website

Hi, please review my website

Zwodnik is a great software directory, which allows you to quickly find the best free apps, software and tools for the Windows, Linux, OS X and Android. Features:

* only the best free apps (no shareware or trial)
    * direct download
    * similar apps and games
    * mobile version
    * info about ads

Site Address: [EDIT: Link moved to the URL box by TheGAME1264. Thanks.]

Constructive critics and advise will be appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Oct 03rd, 2013 at 06:42 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Two words..."why", and "what"?

Why did you build this, when there are thousands of sites, including major ones such as download.cnet.com and SourceForge, that do the exact same thing?
    Why should we use this over any other site that does this?
    What ads are supposed to be there? I don't see any.

I just don't see the point of what I'm looking at.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    why?
    because it's easier to get a free app for Android/Windows/Linux. Why Cnet/Sourceforge/Google Play are poor websites?

Cnet

* no direct download (only CNET Installer with ads)
    * full of useless software, which doesn't works or which is full of bugs is of no value
    * no information about ads in software

Google Play:

* thousands of crappy apps
    * no information about ads in apps
    * hard to navigate without search

Sourceforge:

* hard to navigate
    * poor descriptions
    * full of useless software
    * no information about ads in software
    * no information about similar software
    Last edited by jandas; Oct 03rd, 2013 at 07:33 AM.

Member #
    I have searching for this information and i found it useful for my needs. I'm looking for a script which is similar to their slider uctme

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Dude...you missed my point. I see tons of these sites. I only listed three as examples. I see absolutely nothing that sets yours apart, and if you have to explain it here to make it make sense, that means you haven't done a good enough job on the site to make it make sense.

The other problem is that it's your take on what's good and free. That doesn't mean anything. You're just a guy. I don't know what your criteria is for "good" and "free".You need to make this abundantly clear, and make it clear how you're different. You being you isn't going to cut it either...like I said, there are tons of these sites. They've been around since the mid-90s. If I do a Google search I get millions of results (literally). So why is yours different and useful when compared to everyone else's?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Zawodnik isn't something new or innovative, but is more convenient to use than the hundreds of other software directories. Today already, both classic software directories (like a CNET/Softpedia) and the official stores (like a Google Play) are full of useless software, which doesn't works or which is full of bugs is of no value. So if you looking for free app and you use classic software directories you wasting your time. Additionally, we offer various features not available by other sites:

* qr codes for android apps
    * linux commands for installing software from repositories
    * software widgets for your site or blog
    * info about commercial usage of software
    * links to various extras (extensions, skins, donate)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Again, you're missing the point...you're telling me this here. And now. But what happens to the guy who stumbles upon the site and doesn't get it? You can't tell him. He's not going to find this thread. He's going to move on because it looks exactly like every other site that does this.

Even what little you've given for "unique features" isn't all that much.

Simply put, it's a decent enough start, but that's all it is. You're going to have to come up with something so obviously different that people will flock to your site and use it as the all-seeing all-knowing freeware resource and eventually other idiots will try to clone the idea themselves. You're not even close to that point yet, dude. You have to understand that you're going to be held to a higher standard on this one, and it's not me you have to convince...it's the masses.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jandas View Post
    Google Play:

* thousands of crappy apps
    * no information about ads in apps
    * hard to navigate without search
    You can't really use Google Play as an example of "free multi-platform software". The Play Store was mainly developed as a way to get people to have a better view on apps for android.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    As thegame said, there are plenty of website doing the same already, so I will limit myself to the website design.

It's a good looking website and it has a mobile version which is always a +.

I don't like very much the error messages in the contact form, they don't fit in that small space.

Remove Ads