Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

rqc
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Made a site for a PC game... what are your thoughts?

Hi guys.

I made a site and I'm looking for the opinion of people for design tips and to find out if you think the colors are okay. The site is built using a builder, it's not wordpress or any other software cms, and it's not a template.

The website is: [EDIT: Link moved to the URL box. TheGAME1264]

Thanks
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Oct 08th, 2013 at 05:11 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's a Yahoo! SiteBuilder site. While it isn't a CMS (which is good), it has all the earmarks of WYSIWYG code bloat (which is bad). Editors like Yahoo! SiteBuilder have tendencies toward tables for layout and absolute positioning, the latter of which can be a real problem as people resize their text and do other things with your page. If you can learn to recode it from scratch, you'll be better served at some point. Whether that's the short run or long run depends on how good you are with HTML.

The colors themselves are okay with me, personally. There's decent enough contrast and nothing clashes, so that's all I ever really evaluate. It's highly subjective other than that, so there really isn't much point in going any further with the question. Everyone's going to have a different opinion, and the only opinions that matter come from those within your target market.

The other thing I would suggest is to explain what the game is, exactly. I don't want to play a YouTube video to find out, and the screen shots don't really cut it. A story arc page might help.

Something else that you may want to consider is the business model you have for your game. You're selling the game and the source code for $19.99, which allows the game to be edited in RPG Maker. Other than maybe saving a bit of time, why would anyone buy that if they could just go into RPG Maker and make the game on their own? If I were into making RPGs, I'd rather do it myself personally (no offense, but my rule is if I want it built, I do it myself).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

rqc
    Member #
    Thanks for the input. Yeah using Yahoo Builder can cause problems across different browsers and settings. Recoding from scratch is an option, it just takes so much longer (for me). The best part about the WYSIWYG editors is how fast you can snap an idea together, but you pay in quality. Yeah a story arc page makes sense given the site at the moment is pretty information lite.

Remove Ads