Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need some honest opinion/ honest critisim

Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Need some honest opinion/ honest critisim

My client is looking for some honest opinion the website I created for him (Fintrack) in terms of :

1. Explaining what they do
    2. Enticing someone to hit the enquiry button and generate a lead

My client's website is in the thumbnail. He's comparing himself to this website -->Home Loan Comparison | Compare the Best and Cheapest Home Loans

Also what are the 3 selling points you get from either site....(there may be only 1 selling point etc)

In other words

1. Do you understand Fintracks's main selling point is
    2. Do you think the clients understand what Fintrack's main selling point is
    3. Could we explain it better and if so how?

Please need some opinions

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    1) It looks like the point is that they consolidate loans from several different providers and want you to pick them as the loan broker based on the cash back model.

2) If they're looking to borrow, not necessarily. Quite frankly, the whole concept of borrowing is confusing. The calculation makes sense, but it doesn't take individual factors into account (credit score, if a person wants to make say weekly payments, etc.)

3) I clicked the row headers (the left column) thinking there might be an explanation of terms. There aren't. That'd be one place I'd start.

The second thing I'd do is focus on the "refund of commissions" angle...make it more prominent. It's a good selling feature and it's not even mentioned in say the masthead graphic for example.

Next, I'd change this sentence:
    This illustration allows you to explore the difference in savings that you could potentially realize by using our pro consumer service rather than going to a mortgage broker or the lender direct. Our service entails full rebate of all commissions less GST and our fee.
    The explanation of terms would be my big thing, though. I hate when financial so-called gurus write copy. No sane human being has any idea what the hell they're talking about.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Awesome thanks for your opinion, do you mind if I forward this comment to my client? also what of these questions?

Does the website explain what they do?
    Does it entice someone to hit the enquiry button and generate a lead?

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    also what do you think of the design? is it too cluttered, is it user-friendly?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't find it too cluttered, although I'd make the 'Free Report' button bigger. Free is an action word and as such, buttons containing the word should be emphasized.

I think with more explanation of terms, the 'Enquiry' button would see more click action.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Oh, yeah...and forward away!
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Looking pretty good. I would like to see a little more clear space around elements - the header is a little cramped, the gutters a little tight. Negative space is your friend. I like the big phone number in the corner, although the top bar could use a little more thought on how it is laid out. Good start, though!

Junior Member RodrigoBeloWebdesign's Avatar
    Member #
    I like it, but the text is to big in my oponion.

- Rodrigo

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I think there needs to be more breathing room for elements.

I also find the use of colors to be a bit confusing. I usually prefer 1 CTA color, where you 2: blue and green (yet yellow is not...).

Compounding the color issue is the typography. I can't explicitly describe it, but it just is confusing to look at.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    The navigational menu has an ugly gradient yellow background on the button things, and they need more spacing. Also it redirects back and forth from www to non-www on various pages. Fix those two things and you've got a solid site that should sell the services well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads