Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please help. Developing a new website for a friend. Need ideas for design.

Hi there!

Francielle Biglia - Traductora
    (This is just my server, we haven't bought any domains yet)

I am trying to design and develop a female friend of mine website. She's a translator, so it will be multilingual. I don't have much coding experience as I normally use a CMS.
    It doesn't look that good, I know. The idea was to have like two separate websites.

The "portal", the part I am developing right now. She liked the idea of a vintage typewriter integrated somehow. I am open to suggestions, specifically:​
    change background color?
    use photoshop to change image contrast, etc?
    label certain areas ?
    change the image?
    change everything and start from scratch? (please don't be harsh)
    anything else?

The site itself with data, rates, telephone... in plain HTML + CSS, something really clean and minimalistic, like this. Traducciones públicas, juradas, técnicas | inglés - español | Melina Carbajales or http://pixelhaven.co/​

The idea was for her to get some work via SEO/SEM and have her portfolio online.

Any suggestions are very welcomed.
    Thanks for your time.

Member #
    I have a blog on the design before, you even design anything, stick to it and take it step by step, I will be putting p more blog posts about design and tutorials on designing in illustrator and photoshop etc. You can also subscribe at the bottom f the blog post page. Hope this helps my bog page is Blog | Dominic McAtamney

[Edit: link removed as per forum rules. Please don't link drop again, it could get you banned. AlphaMare.]
    Last edited by AlphaMare; Nov 04th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

Member #
    I would maybe just have a slider on the homepage and this would showcase the typewriter, then have all your other sections in block colour. Try designing your layout first for each page before you try and jump into code or photoshop.

Member #

block color

Thanks! I don't think I understand what do you mean by "block colour". Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I would maybe just have a slider on the homepage and this would showcase the typewriter, then have all your other sections in block colour. Try designing your layout first for each page before you try and jump into code or photoshop.

Remove Ads