Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RDesignista
  • 1 Post By RDesignista
  • 1 Post By RDesignista

Thread: MK-Designz [Dot] com - Internet Development Rate /10?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

MK-Designz [Dot] com - Internet Development Rate /10?

Hello

My name is George, I am the Ceo at MK-DESIGNZ.COM
    Please take the time to Visit our website, I have been creating websites for over 15 years now. At the moment I am 27 Living in Toronto building websites because it is something I enjoy, while maintaining another career

Best Regards
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Nov 10th, 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    George,

Sorry to tell you this, but your website is not up to par. If you've been doing this for 15 years, then you haven't been studying enough or improving your technique enough. If you're approaching clients, I would not even mention that you've been doing it 15 years because they'll think the same thing I am thinking.

I glanced at your site and here are some things I thought (all to help you):

- There is not <html> beginning tag.
    - Your HTML skills or your site builder is outdated, using inline body tags like bgcolor.
    - Table structure = bad
    - Logo is not clean
    - Learn how to use paragraphs and columns to make your body text easier to read...

In general, you need to read up on latest web trends, HTML5, and need to read more articles about design.

Member #
    Thanks for taking the time to reply or help me out i guess, but what you said sounded chinese.

Regards
    George

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to reply or help me out i guess, but what you said sounded chinese.

Regards
    George
    George,

You're welcome.

Sorry if I sounded like a strict, overbearing Chinese parent (this meme comes to mind), but I had some very high expectations when you wrote that you've been doing it for 15 years. Working in a big city like Toronto, the bar is also set a lot higher.

I suggest that you do what I did when I first started out: look at websites of other freelancers or small design studios in your area and make sure that your website is comparable. And then when you want to get better, you start looking at some of the most successful guys out there.

Here are some freelancers I found in Toronto.

Toronto Freelance Web Design ? Mark Macdonald
    GEEKPOWER :: Toronto Web Design ::
    WordPress Design, Development & Customization | Dandelion Web Design Toronto
    Web development Toronto, web design in Toronto

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think you misunderstood what he said, Ron. I think what he meant was that he didn't understand what you said. George, please tell me I'm wrong.

Ron: I get why you posted that list, but two of those developers (#2 and #3) put designer credit hyperlinks in their sites and #4 puts their logo in at least a couple of them. #1 is a decent designer for a W*rdPr*sser, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    I think you misunderstood what he said, Ron. I think what he meant was that he didn't understand what you said. George, please tell me I'm wrong.

Ron: I get why you posted that list, but two of those developers (#2 and #3) put designer credit hyperlinks in their sites and #4 puts their logo in at least a couple of them. #1 is a decent designer for a W*rdPr*sser, though.
    Oh, that's possible.

The figurative use of the term "Chinese" to describe something that people don't understand goes over my head, because I actually can speak and read Chinese (it was my foreign language in college).

So George, if you mean that you didn't understand my comments, my meaning was that your style, both aesthetic and technical, are a bit outdated. I say this because I started learning Html around the same time that you did - around 13 years ago, and I'm totally familiar with how websites were made back then. It's totally different now though, so I suggested that you look at your competitors sites to gauge your skills. If people in Toronto are looking for a web designer, they'll not only see your website, but also several other freelancers as well.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    You have something from Alexa on your website? LOL. This isn't the 90s. Oh wait, the entire site makes me think it is.

Please customize your WHMCS more. And make sure your website loads reliably because I had to hit refresh a bunch of times to get it to load initially and that's funny because my internet is working fine.

Remove Ads