Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My portfolio site. Please critique me!

Hello everyone,

I have re-designed my site from scratch and I would like to get some honest opinions on my site. I am using bootstrap 3.0 but took it to a whole new level with wordpress, and integration with sliding out menus for mobile. Be sure to look at my site in a mobile format, or just resize the browser window.

I was told using frameworks was a bad idea but I think bootstrap is great and makes my workflow a lot faster when building templates

www.andrewnl.com

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Overall, I like your website.

Not much bad to say.

I do think you should make a page called "portfolio" and then sectioning those parts of for the different types of work you do.

I also think your page-based color scheme is quite interesting. Have you seen the movie, "Hero"? I think you shoudl take it to the next step though, and create a tint for some of the pictures. to enhance and emphasize the color change.

Member #
    That is a good suggestion for just making a portfolio page. Are you referring to the hover transitions on the gallery items? Also is there an example you can show me? Thank you for your sincere feedback.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Here's a site that I just found today.

Focus Lab, LLC | Branding & ExpressionEngine Experts

They use pink translucent divs over images to give them a tint. You can use the same technique to give your own website a distinctive color feel.

And watch "Hero" the movie with Jet Li, if you haven't.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Great site! I would recommend giving people other ways to contact you like a PO Box (or home address but that's not really always a good idea) and a phone number, not just an email contact form. Also in the contact form the little bar graph thing in the top right is a bit random what does it have to do with a contact form? Maybe an email envelope icon?

Also I was unable to find a testimonials thing on the site - people like to see what other customers said like "Andrew NL did a fantastic job on my site it was done fast and under budget with great responsive features" or something like that.

Member #
    Those are great suggestions. I have to setup a google number, I prefer not to give my personal info out there. Also where you able to find a testimonial section on my site? There shouldn't be a page yet, I will have one soon, just people are to lazy to write one for me lol. Also the little graph is to represent a signal lol, Ill probably just change it to a phone icon like on the menu bar.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnleon View Post
    Those are great suggestions. I have to setup a google number, I prefer not to give my personal info out there. Also where you able to find a testimonial section on my site? There shouldn't be a page yet, I will have one soon, just people are to lazy to write one for me lol.
    Happy clients should happily testimonialize (is that a word?)... at least that's been my experience. I would recommend not using Google Voice but that's just me

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    One last thing sorry to double post - logo is kinda overly complex. Still think it's a great site though and you are a skilled designer!

Member #
    Hey thanks for the great compliments, when you say logo overly complex do you mean the background (red). Also my clients are very happy but ill see if I can push them to write me something. Which they really should, thanks for the suggestion. The focus labs site is also a nice site, for my next project I will be making a one page site.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    OK, I guess what I meant is it looks like a radio tower with a halo. I'm not particularly sure if that's the image you want to convey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads