Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Portfolio Design site review

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Portfolio Design site review

Hey Guys,

Can I get some feedback on my one page portfolio site:

Patrick H Doorly >Design>Develop>Create

Thanks

Patrick
    Last edited by thepaddyman123; Nov 23rd, 2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: wchanges

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Great design, I like, I don't mind the yellow in the site, seems to work well with the rest of the colours. Just a couple of nit picking comments thou.

1. I do not like the percentage circle alluding to your skill levels, 90% for Photoshop, 90% for HTML etc, new clients will expert you to be an expert as they are not and the clients will not know if the missing 10% will be needed in their project, so there will be doubt in their minds if you can complete the project or not or if they should look elsewhere, far better just to put round logo's of the programming language here and maybe offer a lower price if the project will take longer if you need to learn something new.

2. You might have a lot of spam coming thou with your email in text, seems to be common these days to place a contact form on the website, helps prevent spam if there is some type of Captcha spam filter in place, plus the client can easy give an alternative email address if they do not feel comfortable giving their primary email address. On the form you can also tailor some questions about the potential job and get some insight on what they are looking for even before you contact them back.

3. You also need to provide more contact information, such as an address (at least a P.O Box), phone number, or even a facebook page to help with credibility and gain your clients trust.

4. Your past work needs to have website links attached and open up in a new window when clicked on, so the client can see your work in motion.

5. With your past work, there is no order or arrangement shown just different size images stuck on each other with no explanation for each, best to make them all the same size and place them on the left, then on the right write a summary of the type of programming language you used for each project (task) and include a link to the work here too. Also include a brief on what the client (employer) was demanding from you before you started the project.sample.jpg

Cheers
    thepaddyman123 likes this.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Hi Patrick

Love the design. Very sleek!

The third image under "Create" seems to have a lighter shade of dark gray compared to the other two. I also wasn't sure what the image represents.

Before you list your projects, I would add a header saying something like "Past work"

For the project teasers (not all of them appear to be projects though, so perhaps "work" would be a better descriptor) I would use short summaries of what it was you did rather than a description of the company. Potential clients would probably rather know at a glance what your skills and contributions are rather than what the companies do for which you have worked.

I wasn't quite sure what the intended relation is between your tag line ("Design >> Develop >> Create") and your work process ("Research, Develop, Define"), which seem to articulate different steps.

I love the subtle textures and the blurred background images! Great design.

Jitse

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Guys,

I am currently working on the new site layout and Will have it live by next week.

Member #
    Great job.

Member #
    Well done!

Member #
    Recommend Changes :
    Create more relevant Icons showing below Develop & Create at Header area
    Use more professional Font Style at content area. Header Font Style is good.
    If possible create another Short but more clear Punchline & replace it with "CREATE THE FUTURE"

Best of Luck

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey peeps, any chance i can get a review on my website as well? Freelance website designer / developer
    [EDIT: no fake signatures, please. TheGAME1264]
    Thanks
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Mar 06th, 2014 at 08:32 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Finally managed to updated the site, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Its very nice responsive design and one page website.

Member #
    I like the website, although the first and last section made me feel i was lookign at a papper brochure (which isn't necessarily bad).
    The only thing i was not really fond of is the parallax section with 1 example each, its generally nice and good looking but a bit confusing to me.
    <Signature Here/>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads