Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Portfolio Design site review

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Portfolio Design site review

Hey Guys,

Can I get some feedback on my one page portfolio site:

Patrick H Doorly >Design>Develop>Create

Thanks

Patrick
    Last edited by thepaddyman123; Nov 23rd, 2013 at 05:16 AM. Reason: wchanges

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Personally, since I wear glasses, the bright yellow on the black and the large text over powered me.
    I've also been one to never like scrolling pages to navigate a site. In my female point of view it's to busy for me.
    I would rather navigate through a site on a nice well planned nav menu and not watch pages scrolling in front of me.

I went to a site today on the hunt for some new winter blankets for my two pet mules. When the site opened it had a mule on it grinning so big I thought the mule was going to bite me so I hit the big red x mark and ran outside for some fresh air. The owner of the site lost a nice sum of money today because of that full page grinning mule.

But, that's just my 2 cents worth and if it works for you and your clients then you've done an excellent build on it.
    thepaddyman123 likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I (male) actually like the overall design of the site. I believe the colors work well together and for me the yellow isn't too overpowering (keep in mind I just woke up and bright lights suck but I don't get that from your site). I don't mind scrolling websites sites since that is what I usually do on websites anyways.

Bleau, what is the link to that mule site, your story is so funny I would love to see it lol...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    bleau canon thank you for your female feedback , I guess I am trying to go for the large scale overpowering effect, with big large text. All though I might reduce as it might be a bit much on the eyes. Most scrolling websites I am not a fan of also, but decided to give it a go. Also can you send the link to the site with the large grinning mule.

Fireproofgfx thank you for your male feedback, I appreciate your positive feedback.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yellow color is really not good for eyes. But I like the way of scorling your site from top to bottom.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am not a huge fan of the scrolling sites but then again it works perfect on a mobile or tablet. It got its plusses and minuses.
    Your colour scheme is pretty harsh but I like that and it jumps from your screen. Only thing I would change is the more margins and bit smaller headings so there is some more blank space. Other then that, great job!

Member #
    Tell me about your Subject. color always relate to product yellow color use for baby websites. If you have child page you use it.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by karimelahi View Post
    Tell me about your Subject. color always relate to product yellow color use for baby websites. If you have child page you use it.

Karimelahi Where do you get this idea that yellow is only used on child websites. Can you send me a link to reference this fact please.

However I do know that blue is used on alot of corporate websites.
    Last edited by thepaddyman123; Dec 18th, 2013 at 08:47 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Someone should tell YP that yellow is only used on child websites. Or goldbook.com.

You know what else is childish, karimehali? Lying about where you're from. That's childish. So fix that, start elaborating on your comments and stop posting blivet, or get banned.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Senior Member Web Outsourcing Gateway's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thepaddyman123 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Can I get some feedback on my one page portfolio site:

Patrick H Doorly >Design>Develop>Create

Thanks

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Honestly, I'm impressed on the design and concept of your portfolio I like the combination of the colors you used: yellow, black, and white. It was timely, simple and yet appealing website design.

If I'm not mistaken, you are using a Parallax Scrolling website design, isn't it? Nowadays, it was the new trend when it comes in website design.

Regards,
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs. Visit and connect us now for your Web Development and Design requirements.

P.S. If my post/reply is informative, helpful, or in any way entertaining, could you at least click the "Like" link just below this signature? That would be the best way to say thanks. And don't worry, I probably already clicked the "Like" link of your post if it helped me in any way. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads