Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey im new to the forums and i just wanted to know what you guys think about my band website it is the first website where i have done everything myself from scrap. Its not finished yet but i was wondering what you lot think about it what i could change or add to improve my site on the whole thanks! :devious:

www.bulletproofmonkeys.co.uk

Member #
    I get a JavaScript error - but you say its under construction.
    It might be advisable to center the whole site, it looks wierd left aligned.

I don't like your custom scrollbars - they make it look unproffessional.

Rollovers would look nice as well

You have 300 miles of blank space at the bottom of your index page.

I don't normally like Iframes, but your's is good without the border, just I don't like the Scrollbar.

4/5 good attempt.

P.S. counter - very 1999 and useless - just have a statistics account with bravenet, if you insist.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    i see a lot of band sites, and i must say that this is of a much higher standard than the norm.

like that background pattern.. although there is a lot of it showing on my 21" monitor! I'm assuming that something is going to go into the two horizontal boxes at the top of the page.. looks a bit odd at the mo.

I'd drop the 'Main Menu' button image from the navigation as it looks like another link. also, the pixel font that you've used isn't as clear as it could be. there are loads of pixel fonts available on the web - i'd suggest looking for another.

but they're minor points! oh, and the guest map is a fantastic idea!

Member #
    Ok thanks for your views guys i will look into the changes you've suggested.

> Scrollbars
    > Rollovers (where?)
    > Blank space at bottom of page
    > Main Menu button to be removed
    > Pixel Font

Also justlivyalife on what pages do you get a javascript error? Coz as you enter the page a window should pop-up with a music player in it and play mp3, but it comes up on every page and i thought it was a bit annoying so when i try to remove from the script it just buggers up the design page completly! Everything goes everywhere!! Any solutions to getting rid of it without it coming up with an error?

Also if i centre the whole site how do i get it so it centres on what ever size monitor its viewed on??

And yes something will be going in the top box eventually just need to find someone that will do a header graphic for me as im not to good at that part!

Thanks for any help!

Member #
    if you just put the align="center" parameter within all of your tables then the site will center itself on all monitors

Your site is smooth and easy to navigate but i have a few concerns with it.

- invisible scrollbars are annoying..
    - no header! i suppose u will add that at a later date.
    - no rollovers. i think they will liven the site up a bit
    - there is about 50 js errors on the homepage.

so far, your site is looking pretty good. 3.5/5

Member #
    I agree with the suggestions that have been made so far. Also, your content appears to be breaking out the site. I've attached a screenshot of what I see in Mozilla Firebird.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I assume its supposed to look like that as I see that as well in IE
    - Brian

Member #
    Header Graphic.....?
    Let me know what you are looking for and Ill see what I can come up with. I'll need the height & width also.
    c:\format c:

Member #
    Ok kool mate, im looking for something with the text bulletproofmonkeys.co.uk in a pixel font but so the text stands out if you know what i mean with maybe a bullet graphic after the text so like

bulletproofmonkeys.co.uk -->

or something like that or mayb with a monkey in it? Im not to bothered about the background! I would be very greatful if you could come up with anything!

And the size is Width: 584px by height: 100px

And err... no its not meant to look like that! Although i have been having some problems with it i will check it out right away thanks for bringing that to my attention

Member #
    Right ive made a few changes like you guys have suggested!

Like:
    > Remove Main Menu buttom
    > Get rid of usless space at the bottom of the page
    > Scrollbars [to be done]

Also when one of you guys suggested rollovers i got a bit confused coz i already have rollovers for all my links! So i asked a mate to check it out and also on his computer when he puts his mouse over the links they dont do anything but they should change blue as they do on my computer! So can someone tell me what i am doing wrong here? The site has been built with Golive and Dreamweaver if thats any help at all!

Also when i removed all the blank space at the bottom of my page it must have done something so that the profiles box overlaps the bottom border ive had this problem before! But again on my computer it displays it as being how its supposed to be and also on my mates computer its fine but the rollovers dont work for him! Were both using internet explorer vr6.

And solutions would be great! Thamks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads