Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By Cranavvo

Thread: Jay Edwards' Portfolio

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Jay Edwards' Portfolio

My client asked me for a simple, one-paged, portfolio showing some of his skills and attributed with a on-page portfolio showing videos and images of what he's done in university.

It took me two days to design and develop. Open to criticism.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wow...someone's rockin' the VB. Gotta love it.

For something that took you two days, it's not bad. It's simple enough, you worked video into it, and it's clean.

Not a big fan of the font used. It's actually harder to read when it's uppercase (too thin and gets washed out easily) and as a lowercase font leaves much to be desired. I'd switch it with something less ornate and maybe a little bolder.

Never, never, never, ever, ever, ever, EVER publish an email openly. Wikipedia will tell you why.

Email address harvesting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another common method is the use of special software known as "harvesting bots" or "harvesters", which spider Web pages, postings on Usenet, mailing list archives, internet forums and other online sources to obtain email addresses from public data.

So you want a contact form there.

Not overly crazy about the grey. Could use more purple in spots. Maybe for the headers. Just to give it a bit more colour.

The scrolling thing in the middle displays things okay, although it's a bit jerky...mostly because it doesn't loop properly (slides back to the beginning rather than loops to it).

And this is the big question...what's this guy's goal? What is it that he wants from the site? Doesn't seem to have a defined call to action.
    Cranavvo likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Never, never, never, ever, ever, ever, EVER publish an email openly. Wikipedia will tell you why.
    I know why. That's changing when Jay is buying a host. I'm doing a captcha email (The one where on the page it appears "cranavvo@g...." and when you click it goes through a captcha form).

The scrolling thing in the middle displays things okay, although it's a bit jerky...mostly because it doesn't loop properly (slides back to the beginning rather than loops to it).
    Yeah, I did the jQuery myself and I tried to find an infinite slider but plugins like that damage my content so I just make it myself.

And this is the big question...what's this guy's goal? What is it that he wants from the site? Doesn't seem to have a defined call to action.
    He wanted something to define him and his practices within university.

And it's based of his favourite colours and what goes with it, I'm also sceptical about the grey banner and it might change when the final product goes live on his website.

Thanks for the critique.
    Last edited by Cranavvo; Nov 30th, 2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: quotes
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Right, but why does he want to "be defined"? Why is he telling people about himself? Just to puff out his chest and say look at me, or because he wants to be hired, or to draw exposure to the university? If he's just puffing his chest, okay, but if he has any other purpose...and he should...then it needs to be defined.

That's not on you, though, that's on him.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Nice site, I like the large text not a fan of the purple though.

Remove Ads