Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Log Home Business Website

Hello, this is the first website I've ever built and I'm hoping for some ideas to improve it! I know it isn't amazing and I used a visual site designer, not HTML, so I have limited capabilities. Any advice or criticism would be great!

Tree House Log Home Services - Log Home Staining, Washing, and Maintenance

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    To be honest it needs a lot of work, but good try attempting your first website, at least it is not done with TABLES, which by the looks of it, I thought it was. First and foremost before designing any website, I would recommend doing some research and getting an idea of what other sites look like in your targeted market area. With that said I found this site which could give you a better idea of a better background, and maybe colors scheme. I would look for others as well and draw out my idea and go from there.

As it stands right now, here are some of the issues:
    - The background is to bright, poor quality, and unappealing to the eye and distracting - Needs to go.
    - The flag gif is 90's and the 90's are over. I understand the need/want to seperate yourself as made in america but you are based out of Michigan, I think any potential customer will get that your product is in America and therefore probably made in America.
    - You need a better log cabin image (header), vibrant, maybe a little bigger to really sell your product.
    - You need to add padding around your text areas, on the home page at least.
    - Need a logo, not just text.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    It's not that visually impressive, in my opinion.

Also, animated GIFs aren't recommended.

However, I looked up your area code and it seems you're located in a county north of Detroit Michigan. And you make log houses, so I'm assuming you live in a very low population area.

With that said, web standards are usually down the further you are away from big cities, so I guess your site is okay. Definitely better than nothing. But I would still put in a little more time later or over time to make it look more professional.

Remove Ads