Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Please let me know my first website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please let me know my first website

Hey just a begin so don't tear apart to much. My Website on Henry Ford.

[EDIT: link moved to URL box by TheGAME1264]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Dec 05th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.

Member #
    Since Its my website I like it. lol

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's obviously a personal site, so you get more slack than you would if you had something to gain commercially from this. It's also a playground for you. So that's cool.

But you can still learn something, as I suspect you intended to by posting for a review. Good news...you're about to, although probably not what you suspected. Wikipedia does let you take copy from their site under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license:

Wikipedia:Text of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That means you can use it, and you can even share it, but only under the conditions that you give them the credit (since that's where you got the copy from) and allow others to share in turn. Right now, you're not giving credit and you're not allowing others to share it. That means you're violating Wikipedia's license agreement.

Personally, though, I'd strongly recommend writing your own copy. It's yours, you can copyright it as you see fit, it will be unique, and it will show that you put some real thought into your site.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hahahaha - nice one - theGame1264!! Deserved your reply!

Remove Ads