Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: critique my webdesign layout,please.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

critique my webdesign layout,please.

critique my webdesign layout? critique my webdesign layout?thanks.what do you think? thanks.
    need your comments for me to learn a lot.

brokers1.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I keep telling you this, but you don't get it...asking us to critique a picture isn't asking us to critique a website. It's not the same. It's a picture. Code it, make it something practical as opposed to some generic useless template, and then we can help you a lot more than we can now.

What you're doing is like asking us to critique art from 200 years ago and talk about what it means to us. It's highly subjective and in the end completely pointless other than in the minds of right-brained elitists.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    It would be nice to see its functionality, more so than just a still image. But since this is all you have, then I guess I should critique it a little. The over all colors are fine and work together. Some of the graphics with the people aren't very impressive, and the layout itself looks fine.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx View Post
    It would be nice to see its functionality, more so than just a still image. But since this is all you have, then I guess I should critique it a little. The over all colors are fine and work together. Some of the graphics with the people aren't very impressive, and the layout itself looks fine.
    thanks, even its a little, worth advice from you

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    You're overdoing the stock images. It makes the whole thing look like that sleazy corporation trying to draw you in kinda look.

The banner across the top is a bit underwhelming. It certainly doesn't have a corporate look to it. Take a look at some corporate style sites. You'll notice something. Colors are generally solid, or have a subtle, linear gradient to them. It looks sharper, more professional.

I like that you're finally getting the "who we are and what we do" right up front where it should be.

I don't know if it's the way you exported the image, or your color choices, but the colors are really dull. The scheme works together, but it makes me sleepy looking at it.
    Fireproofgfx and graphicnerd like this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    You're overdoing the stock images. It makes the whole thing look like that sleazy corporation trying to draw you in kinda look.

The banner across the top is a bit underwhelming. It certainly doesn't have a corporate look to it. Take a look at some corporate style sites. You'll notice something. Colors are generally solid, or have a subtle, linear gradient to them. It looks sharper, more professional.

I like that you're finally getting the "who we are and what we do" right up front where it should be.

I don't know if it's the way you exported the image, or your color choices, but the colors are really dull. The scheme works together, but it makes me sleepy looking at it.
    this the updated one, stuck on weekend for doing this one

advise again please.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I'm going to piggyback on Ronald Roe's comment: cheesy stock photos are bad.

They might have been okay maybe 7 years ago, but I feel that they're becoming so recognizable and cliche that it turns people off. Not only are they sometimes a little ridiculous, but they make people wonder: "is this business legitimate? if so, why don't they post their own employees instead of fake stock photo ones?"

I think you should either get photos of the people or just use something else.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    He won't do that, though. He's working for one of those clueless companies that only sell templates to equally clueless people who don't think that "hey, I might need to replace the smiling happy person picture that came with this template with a picture that actually represents my business."

This is the whole problem I have with the "post a picture for review" thing...it demonstrates no ability to apply knowledge.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post

hey, sorry for disturbing but could you give some advice for this one agai, i really appreciate for your help. Its a design phase for now

Remove Ads