Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Feedback wanted on luxury car hire website

Hi

Looking for some feedback on a clients site: boomvoucher.com/phantomhire

The site is not 100% ready yet - In terms of design, the website is mostly complete, just need to touch up a few things. All the content has not yet been supplied, but the client is getting back to me on this. I'm still working through cross-browser compatibility and responsiveness, but the site should look ok on desktop.

Can I have some feedback on these points:

• General design (fonts, graphical elements etc.)
    • Usability - i.e. how easy is it to navigate the site? Are there any things which could improve usability?
    • Functionality - especially the booking system. How easy is it to use? Any improvements for it?
    • Conversion rate - what could be done to make sure conversion rate is as high as possible? Their aim is to get as many people as possible phoning, emailing or filling in an enquiry form
    • General feedback on the site

The images on the site are yet to be optimised - so sorry if loading times are really slow because of the massive image sizes!

Also, could you give me some feedback on the logo - took ages to get it to their liking!

Any constructive feedback welcome

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Overall, I think you have a pretty solid design here. I think the logo may be just a little too dark, as well at the gold in general. Or maybe it isn't the gold itself, but the gradient changing to much. Try making the gradients more subtle, especially in the logo and the banner across the top.

Your form is broken in Chrome. I didn't try it in another browser, but the name block doesn't sit right, and the validation error block is almost impossible to read against the photo background.

The font for the nav is a little small and difficult to read. You may find a thin sans-serif would work better.

On pages outside the home, the headers feel a little underwhelming compared to highly designed main page.

Other than that, you have a good thing going there.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    Overall, I think you have a pretty solid design here. I think the logo may be just a little too dark, as well at the gold in general. Or maybe it isn't the gold itself, but the gradient changing to much. Try making the gradients more subtle, especially in the logo and the banner across the top.

Your form is broken in Chrome. I didn't try it in another browser, but the name block doesn't sit right, and the validation error block is almost impossible to read against the photo background.

The font for the nav is a little small and difficult to read. You may find a thin sans-serif would work better.

On pages outside the home, the headers feel a little underwhelming compared to highly designed main page.

Other than that, you have a good thing going there.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look into the form issue - it works fine in Firefox, but like i mentioned earlier, I'm still facing a few cross-browser compatibility issues.

Im going to try out a few different fonts for the nav.

RE headers, what do you suggest? I can't really think of what to do to 'liven' it up more and make it stand out more

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    I think it looks okay. When a website is for luxury goods and services, the standard is much higher.

- fonts look pretty bad in windows chrome
    - your form needs a lot of padding between elements -- looks too crowded
    - need more space in elements, especially between the tip and content
    - i'm not too fond of the orange border + dark yellow combo
    - in general, i think you should select different fonts

Here's a example site I saw recently that gave me that luxury vibe: Arbor Restaurant | Restaurant In Bournemouth | Dorset Restaurant Arbor Restaurant

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Forget the look of it...someone has to edit that "SEO copy". Whoever wrote that needs to get out of the jungle and into an English classroom immediately.

I won't even comment on the layout or anything else until someone fixes that.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Forget the look of it...someone has to edit that "SEO copy". Whoever wrote that needs to get out of the jungle and into an English classroom immediately.

I won't even comment on the layout or anything else until someone fixes that.
    Unfortunately the client wants to 'handle' content so I've get little input really. Anything I could mention to the client (nothing that will offend them too much!)

Content aside, what are your thoughts on the overall look of the site?

Remove Ads