Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Check My Site :)

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    37
    Member #
    37935
    Liked
    1 times

    Current Rating

    Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

    Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

    Website Speed:
    2.3 out of 5

    Compatibility:
    1.7 out of 5

    Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

    Rate This Site


    Advertisement (login to hide this!)


    You must be logged in to view this site

    Check My Site :)

    My site is 4 yrs old
    Please review My Site
    Last edited by thefasninja1; Jan 20th, 2014 at 07:03 AM.

  2.  

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    38118
    I like the site and it is very appealing to the eye. My only thing, which is personal, is having the "-" in the domain name, but again that is just a preference. I would be very enticed to go back to site if I was in need of software development. I wish you the best of luck!

    Cheers!
    Last edited by ninegearnation; Jan 07th, 2014 at 07:21 PM.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    37
    Member #
    37935
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ninegearnation View Post
    I like the site and it is very appealing to the eye. My only thing, which is personal, is having the "-" in the domain name, but again that is just a preference. I would be very enticed to go back to site if I was in need of software development. I wish you the best of luck!
    Cheers!
    Thanks for your responce but you have to create new thread for your site and get review from all users not only from me . I will check your site when you will do this.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    38118
    I did this last night right before I responded to your post. It would be really great if you would check the site out and let me know what you think.

  6. #5
    Unpaid WDF Intern TheGAME1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Not from USA
    Posts
    14,483
    Member #
    425
    Liked
    2783 times
    ninegearnation: thefasninja1 is right. You did already create a review thread, and that's all you need to do. Hijacking someone else's review thread and asking for a review is considered poor form. I know you're new to this stuff, so that's why I'm giving you as nice a warning as I'm capable of, but please don't do that again. Thanks.

    As far as a review is concerned, I'm not really sure what to say here. It looks and sounds like every other offshore development site I've ever seen, and I don't really mean that in a good way. Generic and vague copy, nothing to indicate what you've done and how you did it, no signs of any real knowledge anywhere. It's just a bunch of fluff followed by "get a quote from us".
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

    My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9
    Member #
    38118
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    ninegearnation: thefasninja1 is right. You did already create a review thread, and that's all you need to do. Hijacking someone else's review thread and asking for a review is considered poor form. I know you're new to this stuff, so that's why I'm giving you as nice a warning as I'm capable of, but please don't do that again. Thanks.

    Sorry about that it was my first night on here and I've reviewed the rules for the forums. Thanks for your input. I would really hate to be a spammer! haha

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    37
    Member #
    37935
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    As far as a review is concerned, I'm not really sure what to say here. It looks and sounds like every other offshore development site I've ever seen, and I don't really mean that in a good way. Generic and vague copy, nothing to indicate what you've done and how you did it, no signs of any real knowledge anywhere. It's just a bunch of fluff followed by "get a quote from us".
    Thanks for your review
    Now I'm updating my site from joomla 2.5 to 3 and with kerma templet.
    Last edited by thefasninja1; Jan 20th, 2014 at 07:09 AM.

  9. #8
    Junior Member BlackBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Member #
    37109
    Liked
    3 times
    Overall looking good. The colourscheme is easy on the eye but, the design is kinda outdated and all the flashy corporate websites from early 2000 looked like this.
    I think if you loose quite some text in order to get a clean flow in your website you can accomplish a lot. My first impression is, 'I am not reading all this'
    Loose some lists and place them on another pages or completely remove them because visitors will loose interest with to much info.
    Don't get me wrong, your site looks good and I'm sure after your Joomla update it will be 2014 ready! Have fun coding!

  10. #9
    Unpaid WDF Intern TheGAME1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Not from USA
    Posts
    14,483
    Member #
    425
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thefasninja1 View Post
    Thanks for your review
    Now I'm updating my site from joomla 2.5 to 3 and with kerma templet.
    Dude, that's the same as if we had this conversation:

    "Your car's shifting hard going in and out of first gear. I think you need to have your transmission looked at."
    "Oh, no problem. I'm getting a new water pump, timing belt and tires. That should solve everything."

    A new template and upgrading Joomla won't fix bad content.
    BlackBike likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

    My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

  11. #10
    Member nufftalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    77
    Member #
    34119
    Liked
    4 times
    I like the site but those dropdowns have too much content crammed in there. It needs to be more simplified and easy to digest, those drop down items make you think they are clickable links when their not as well. I would redesign it and keep in mind what is the main focus of the site SEO? webdesign? etc


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com