Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My business' Website - Opinions Please!

Hi,

Looking for some feedback and opinions on my website. Still working on it and have more pages in final stages. But as it stands, opinions? Graphic Designers | Website Designers | Blackpool, Lancashire | Colourfinch

Thanks

PS. All hand coded
    Last edited by cfbp; Feb 02nd, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Hi Cfbp,

I love your website. It's really nicely designed with a good responsive layout.

A few thoughts:
    • The different colours used for the different industries under "about us" make it look a bit childish. Also, given that you've just started business I assume that you don't actually have clients from all these industries yet so I'd be careful as not to let potential clients think you are misrepresenting your business.
    • Unless you regularly use Twitter I would remove the twitter feed in the footer. Twitter posts which are a couple of months old don't look great.
    • The pink used for the menu item "contact us" clashes quite strongly with the bright red used for "about us"
    • Posting a mobile phone number as the main business contact number might not sit well with all clients.

Apart from that, great site!

Member #
    Thanks djitsz for the feedback.

I have taken all points you have made on board and made some changes.. I have got myself a local phone number, changed the pink, swapped my twitter feed with Facebook as there is a little bit more content on there, and removed the industry sectors

Thanks!

Anyone else got any comments?

Member #
    No-one else?

Member #
    The site looks great! The colors work very well together and the layout is very well thought out.

The only thing that I questions is what appears to be a second nav bar under the main one?

nav.jpg

Not that it takes anything away from the site. It just seems unnecessary.

Great job!

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I think your site looks very nice and clean. Only issue I had was I didn't see a portfolio page.... Did I miss it? If so you might want to change that since that is one of the main reasons why people come to your site, to see your work in a portfolio...

Remove Ads