Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all!
    I was just wondering what you all think of this new layout for wcti.org. WCTI is a non profit computer literacy Institute in Chicago serving under privileged youth and adults. I was very inspired by the cause, so I decided t do their website free. The new site will be completely dynamic using JSP/Oracle and will allow their students to get grade reports, test results and alot more , all online.

Here is a preview:
    Please let me know what you think in terms of color, layout and speed. Thanks again:

Link here

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Looks great. Only comment I have is that the mouseovers on the top right nav get a little confusing due to intensity issues. The different shades of gray are all different in intensity (brightness), yet the mouseover is always the same intensity. The third item down is about the same intensity as the mouseover. Makes it feel like you're not really rolling over it. My suggestion would be to vary the intensity of the mouseover relative to the intensity of the mouseout. That would "feel" more like a consistent change. Know what I mean?

Member #
    Thanks alot Transio!
    I appreciet your feedback. You hit it spot on. Now that I have a third eye view, I think Im ready to change those rollover colors. I'll try to do what you suggested and see how it turns out.
    Thanks again!

Member #
    I like it, nice design. Transio brings up a good point about the rollovers. Also, the "Course Cirriculum" link at the top of the nav had no rollover effect for me.

It's hard to see, but in the top left corner of the screen, you have some stray code (in Moz. Firebird atleast):
    Code:
    <%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
    If you can't see it, try selecting the top left corner of the screen to highlight it.

Other than that, nice looking site. Welcome to WDF.

Remove Ads