Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Layout Comments

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well here is my site. This is just a gray scale version I drew in Flash. Please comment on anything, everything. I need a color scheme and any layout help would be nice. I am going to do a drop down nav menu. Here it is.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    its fairly nice and smooth.. The nav looks a little out of place up there.

I am looking forward to seeing the HTML version

Member #
    A good place to go for colorschemes is the Online Color Schemer. Some color would definately improve this design. It's kind of small, so I can't really see all of the elements of the banner. Nice start though.

Member #
    Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted this. Couple things to clear up. First, the banner isn't done. I just stuck it there so you can pretend a banner is there. The banner I make will look similair, unless you guys can think of somthing different?

buntime : You mean the main nav (at the top of the page) or the tab nav (below the main nav). Any other sugestions on where to put it?

Member #
    First off, and I hope you woun't get mad at me: personaly I think you're making a big mistake using 2 similar nav barrs so close to one another that - as far as I can figure out - serve 2 different purposes. Basicly your banner is "borderd" by these nav barrs and it might be confusing to some people witch one they should use first. If you must have 2 nav bars at least try to make one of them(preferably the "News Nav") vertical so it is diferent from the main Nav bar, as to where to put it, try the "More Room" section.
    P.S. a diffrent color-maby a little more fade than the one of the main nav-is also a good ideea.
    The banner itself, mee liky, mee liky.Don't change a thing about it.
    Whenever HE can, GOD uses Java.

Member #
    You might have a point about the two nav bars. What if I made the news nav bar nothing more than a title bar, then put the section navigation below it? I think that might work bettter.

Also, while I am glad you like my banner, it is acctually a picture of my high school. http://www.mercer.k12.pa.us, lol

Anyway, here is a new version in which I changed the news bar. I think it now a little clearer. Well, of to bed, gotta get my five hours. I'll try to get a color scheme tommorrow, I'm currently thinking slate blue and grey, but I don't know. I'd acctually rather have a full color palette than a couple shades but them I have to pick like half a dozen colors and use them. Should save myself some time and just do pastals, there always easy...

Well, I guess there isn't going to be a picture. Post keeps dying with this error:

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /tmp/phpD8bOVz (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/filburt1/public_html/webdesignforums/admin/functions.php on line 1853

Any mods know why I'm getting that? Just trying to upload a 60k jpg.

Member #
    i was talking about the top nav. Its in an ok place, just make it look more smooth.. It just looks like its layered or something.

Member #
    also, whats the '10meg gradient' thing??

Remove Ads