Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok, I have been trying to redesign this site for a time now, and its just not coming to me. Here is the site.
    www.liquidtextures.net
    The music player I know needs to be moved, the whole page being a table its to fun to mess with but sometimes it works. I dont know if that is the case with this one. I am just looking for some general updates that will help the site. Any and all help I thank you for in advance.
    c:\format c:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, I'm on dialup right now so the most notable thing that can be changed is load time. The whole page is an image and it's PAINFULLY slow to load.

Your banner image has some cool ideas in it, but it's drabby and washed out.

I don't like the black on red and ESPECIALLY blue on red (links) those are near impossible to read.

Don't give me the version number... doesn't really matter Especialy with somethin like "1.05"

How about an about page? I browsed through your whole site and saw things like plugins to soemthing, applications for some possition, but I still don't know what it's about. Give a brief description of whatever it is somewhere...

Get rid of that marquee in the page notes section, it's a sin.

Maybe do sojmething about the color behind the content (now red boxes) I think a fairly opaque white might look pretty good here, it would improve readability and might look okay too.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Brak brings up some good points. What I dislike most here are the two red content boxes, on the red textured background. It looks like there's text below the navigation that the two content boxes are covering up. Plus, the content box's bg is too similar to the page's bg.

I'm not a fan of dark sites. I'd suggest brightening up the banner, and using some colors for the banner in your design. But, if you want to keep the dark color scheme, atleast make it easier to read.

Some mouseovers for the nav would be good, and get rid of the music! I had to mute my speakers while reading your site. Had I not been critiquing it, I would have left your site right away.

It's a good start, keep up the good work.

Member #
    Ok, many thanks so far. I'll take your advice, and run with it.
    I'll add info about what the filters are for, and some notes about each of them so you know what you are getting. For the most part people that want them know what they are about, but I do see your point in explaining them a bit. I also concur with the music. I was exp, with a flash jukebox and thats what i came up with.
    Again, thanks for the advice..
    Oh, two more things, the links should be white, and how can I cut down on the load time.
    They are JPG, i have tried with GIF but they dont turn out very well.
    Thanks.
    c:\format c:

Member #
    center the site and change the colors
    also, shorten the HUGE banner..

nice start though

Remove Ads