Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Feedback on Bootstrap Site

Hello All. I have been putting together a Bootstrap Resource Site. It is primarily a list of the available themes and examples of sites that the bootstrap community has put together.

The intent is to eventually use this site to help me sell some of my custom themes. Any design feedback is much appreciated.

Bootstrap Stage | Bootstrap themes, templates, and gallery

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Did you spell your username wrong when signing up here?

I recently came across another "Bootstrap theme" website (wrapbootstrap.com) and was surprised how active the community around it was. I don't quite understand it, as to me it's basically just a fancy way of saying "HTML template, based on Bootstrap" but I digress...

The site looks okay, but overall pretty bland. The previous Boostrap theme site I mentioned does a good job having a vibrant design even with a relatively simple layout. Little details like the rounded corners, lazy loaded images, more complementary color schemes, all contribute to this.

Member #
    I did typo my name when signing up, and do not see an easy way to change it.

Thanks for the feedback. I will certainly implement lazy loaded images, and was thinking about adding an ever-loading, pintrest-style approach to the category pages.

I like the color scheme, but I do feel that it is is a bit off. I have been considering updating with a lighter overall scheme

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Yeah, you probably need an admin's help to do that. Anyway, best of luck with the site. Updating a few minor details can go a long way in creating a great site, I think you're on the way there.

Remove Ads