Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Review of independant record label website

hello everyone,

I'd appreciate your opinion and professional criticism Public Different French independent record label
    Anything: colors, content, layout, typography, logo.

Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Before others post on this and make comments:

Vixen - Responsive WordPress Theme - Mojo Themes

I think you should explain how you've customized this theme and how much work you've put into it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Ok. The challenge of this project is to animate the site what doesnt have yet been announced and lacks of its normal content: audio, video, photo galleries, articles and downloadable content. Vixen theme puts heavy accent on visuals, that is why so far what has been done on the project is a logo and artists photoshoots. And something seriously bothers me about the site. That is why I asked for the opinion. I'm stuck

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What bothers you is that the site doesn't have any real content from the looks of it...that, and the name. The English translation of the name is two random words. I don't know what it's supposed to mean in French, but it didn't translate well at all.

It's also very slow to load. I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but the page loads are really slow.

That's what's going to make this difficult to evaluate...there just isn't much there.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yo!

Checked out the site, and I've got to agree with TheGAME on this. Here's some things I can pick out that sort of bothered me. Throwing a little disclaimer out there: I'm by no means an expert at web design. I worked on my company's site, Capstone Creative, using the beautiful Jarvis Theme. Using a theme doesn't make me a great web designer, but personally, I feel that I executed enough tasteful revisions to leave the impression we were aiming for.

- The theme's great at displaying visuals, but it loads really slow. Especially the transition between each page. I was almost tempted to leave in the middle of loading, and trust me if visitors weren't "reviewing" your site, they wouldn't hang around with that load time.

- The text is tiny! I found the content difficult to read, and it strains my eyes. Don't be afraid to shorten the bios a bit, and increase the font size. Integrate some engaging subtitles in those bios to keep the attention there.

- What do they sound like? I'd recommend linking to their SoundCloud or something. I'm in the music industry myself, soundcloud.com/illestrait, and I've noticed that it's all about convenience. You want to eliminate the need for visitors to conduct additional searches on Google just to find the artist's music. Give them the option to listen on-site, people will hang around longer I can assure you.

- The contact/demo submission pages are quite empty. Maybe you're still in the works of putting together the content, but it might be worth your while to just include that contact form along the sidebar/margin on each page if you didn't plan on including content.

I hope you don't take my advice the wrong way, it's just my 2 cents after all. I'm no pro, and this is all just based on my personal experience so I'll be glad if it helps at all.

Let me know what you think about my company site on my thread!
    Company Website | Feedback for Feedback

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by illestrait View Post
    Yo!

Checked out the site, and I've got to agree with TheGAME on this. Here's some things I can pick out that sort of bothered me. Throwing a little disclaimer out there: I'm by no means an expert at web design. I worked on my company's site, Capstone Creative, using the beautiful Jarvis Theme. Using a theme doesn't make me a great web designer, but personally, I feel that I executed enough tasteful revisions to leave the impression we were aiming for.

- The theme's great at displaying visuals, but it loads really slow. Especially the transition between each page. I was almost tempted to leave in the middle of loading, and trust me if visitors weren't "reviewing" your site, they wouldn't hang around with that load time.

- The text is tiny! I found the content difficult to read, and it strains my eyes. Don't be afraid to shorten the bios a bit, and increase the font size. Integrate some engaging subtitles in those bios to keep the attention there.

- What do they sound like? I'd recommend linking to their SoundCloud or something. I'm in the music industry myself, soundcloud.com/illestrait, and I've noticed that it's all about convenience. You want to eliminate the need for visitors to conduct additional searches on Google just to find the artist's music. Give them the option to listen on-site, people will hang around longer I can assure you.

- The contact/demo submission pages are quite empty. Maybe you're still in the works of putting together the content, but it might be worth your while to just include that contact form along the sidebar/margin on each page if you didn't plan on including content.

I hope you don't take my advice the wrong way, it's just my 2 cents after all. I'm no pro, and this is all just based on my personal experience so I'll be glad if it helps at all.

Let me know what you think about my company site on my thread!
    Company Website | Feedback for Feedback
    Hi Jason,
    I appreciate your feeback even more because your are digital marketing guy and not only webdesigner, so you think content and usability first. SO:

- I fixed the speed of the site, moving it to better hosting company with more expensive hosting plan.
    - I increased font size to14px, indeed it was small, helas I cant shorten the bios, because it doesnt belongs me, it's between the producer and the artist.
    - Cant say how the sound like, it will be revealed after the official release of the songs. It doesnt makes sense just to put the links on soundcloud before any official announcement. It's difficult to communicate partially the content and be engaging.
    But just to give you an idea of how sound of the projects: https://soundcloud.com/publicdifferent/superstar (other projects are hidden from public listening). What do you think?
    - Just kept the contact page, finally demo submission page is not necessary, people who want to submit music push it to the label through contact page and soundcloud page.

I appreciate your advice as I appreciate constructive criticism! That is why I'm here.

Remove Ads