Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Feed Back plz needed for a web developer

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Question Feed Back plz needed for a web developer

Hi all, My name is Mikhaeel, i am a PHP Web Developer, but i am not an experinced designer, i have built my website to offer Web Design. Web Development Services in Egypt, plz tell me what about the design,
    my website is [EDIT: URL moved to website box by TheGAME1264], but plz visist some pages, i need your feedback on all pages of the website.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Mar 15th, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I normally don't make a comment like this, but in this case it's so bad, I can't get past it...the SEO copy is atrocious. If you wouldn't use the phrase in a normal conversation with someone, you shouldn't use it in your web copy.

Putting "(phrase) in Egypt" several times ruins your entire site even before any aesthetic and code issues are considered (and there are quite a few). So before you do anything else, review your copy. I can't even get past the first page.
    mikhapop likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    sorry i am quite new to seo (also forgive my english lang. i speak arabic), do you mean that i use this in egypt too much in my website? if you mean in my website, so all of my compatitors are doing this and they are ranking in top 10 in google, i just trired to use their techniques, plz advice me bec. i am lost at this point, my website was 8 months old, and it wasn't ranking at all for all of my keywords, and after i used my compatitors techniques it started to get better, thanks in advance.

i forgot to mention that i have read somewhere that making what your competitors are doing is your best friend, because if they are ranking well, so you too will be ranked well if you do what they are doing with some more work/time.
    Last edited by mikhapop; Mar 15th, 2014 at 11:09 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, so you've read some stuff online and you're new, but at least you can admit to that. Okay...not your fault.

Rule #1 of all SEO advice: Question EVERYTHING. Most SEO advice you read is sheer and absolute garbage, and in no way is based in anything logical. It's all about "okay, do this and we'll make it sound as good as possible so you feel good about doing it." If there isn't any logic behind it, or counter logic suggests you should do otherwise, don't do it.

Let's take doing what your competitors are doing, for example. You look at your competitors' sites and they're "optimized" for certain keywords and phrases...and by "optimized", you personally see them somewhere on the first page of whatever Google search you're doing. So you copy what they're doing because that's what you were told. Let's examine the best-case scenario in that advice to find the counter logic...your ranking improves specifically because of that advice. You're somewhere on the first page. What would happen then? Since your SERP position was specifically because of your copy changes and your "optimization" efforts, your technique is now in full view of your competitors. That means they can use the same tactics on you that you used on them. Since there are only 10 positions by default on a SERP and you're dealing with a highly competitive keyphrase (anything to do with web design and development is highly competitive), it's a near-certainty that you and 10 of your competitors will try the same thing...and 11 competitors can't fit into 10 spots. So it has to fail for someone at some point.

Real SEO, properly applied, is like makeup...an expert may be able to detect it, but would never quite be sure. Most SEO efforts relate to things such as clean code, proper site structure, guiding the user down the path to conversion as clearly and in as few steps as possible, and things like that. In other words, there's a direct correlation between SEO and web design...it's not standalone. There are aspects such as meta tags that are more or less standalone, but real SEO work ties directly to your design.

Let's use your copy as another example. Here's a good rule of thumb: if you wouldn't tell someone what you do in an elevator using an "SEO" term, don't use it on your site because even if it "ranks", it won't convert. Let me use one of your own keyphrases as an example.

"Hi, what's your name?"
    "I'm Mikhaeel."
    "What do you do for a living, Mikhaeel?"
    "I'm a Web Design Egypt."

Even if Arabic is your mother tongue, you can probably see how that might sound silly.

By the way, you should never refer to your company as "Mega BS!" In North America, "BS" is short for:

515gMSi-4TL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Just an FYI.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads