Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Marketing site for doctor - conversion critique wanted

Hey all,
    My mother-in-la is a dermatologist and her revenue has gone down quite bit as her patients get older etc. Her business could use some help - honestly, she really needs it. Marketer by trade, I will throw a few thousand at an adwords campaign and get the business rolling. A test campaign has already been started, results are good but early.

I did a site as a test. I was wondering if you guys could help me determine if I should continue on this path.

Remember though, I am seeking LESS critique on the design and aesthetics and MORE on what's going to result in a call or appointment request. Meaning that I want the design to be "good enough" not to scare people away yet engage them enough to call. With research into the competition, I think this definitely does the trick. Remember, I want the shortest path to a phone call or an appointment request and the least likely hood of a user bounce.

I have intentionally skimped on the content, While I'm a huge fan of content marketing, I don't think content is going help that much in this particular industry. I've kept it intentionally short, sweet, and made the only goal of this site to result in a phone call.

I expect traffic will be mobile mostly, desktop searches happening throughout the week.

Take a look, and please let me know your thoughts, again, from a marketing standpoint - let me know if should continue on this path, alter, or start again.
    phelpsdermatology.com

Also, mobile version isn't live at the time of this posting, and I am aware of small glitches with Yelp rating and image placement - again, this is a test.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't think you're right on primarily mobile traffic for a B2C site, but you're probably not too far off. You're probably looking at between 35-50%. With that said, I'm not sure you've got the correct approach here. I get what you're going for and why, but from a conversion point of view this would do as a landing page for a PPC campaign, not as an entire site. So my suggestion would be to...well, build a site. I know that seems trite, but in this case, it would be the way I'd handle this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads