Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

portfolio .Reviews please!

I am designing a portfolio website.What do you think of the design.
    Last edited by stepper; Apr 25th, 2014 at 06:02 AM.

Member #
    It is creative and pops nicely so thumbs up there. The thing that does jump out to me is navigation...or rather the lack of navigation. Do you intend this to be a one page site with all links external? Just curious how you see it being laid out as far as any additional pages.

Member #
    Thank you.It is my first design ,so any encouragement is appreciated.Yes ,there is supposed to be a gallery page,and services page.the will be accessible from the yellow arrow and services button .I have coded the basic html and css for this.So far its working and W3 validator says its ok.But I dont know how to make it live so that I can have it reviewed on this forum.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Do you have a web host and domain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    No I dont have any of these .I m just a beginner and know html and css only.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

portfolio .Reviews please!

Then i wouldn't really know how you could make it live? Maybe someone else knows of a way for you to do it but i don't. However hosting and domains are not expensive at all and will actually help you in my opinion. I pay like $9 a month, theres a lot cheaper options tho. Domain names are anywhere from $10-$15 per year for most the ones i have seen.. GoDaddy was offering them for $2.99 a few weeks ago..

Member #
    Payment is not the problem.The thing is I still need to learn a lot of things about this.I dont know how to do all this.And I dont really want to use this website professionally.Its just my learning project.Is there any way I could upload my web code here,just to get opinions.Its html5,and although w3 validator says its correct,I would still like opinions and advice from people here.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    You can post the code here for us to look over by using the code tags i believe its [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] minus the spaces between the brackets..

This will display it for us to see the actual code. It will not display what a browser will generate though.

I understand you are just starting out but there will be some things that you will eventually want to learn that will require a server. If you do not wish to pay still look into WAMP if your on windows or MAMP if your on Mac.

You do not have to use the site professionally if you were to purchase the domain/hosting by the way. I own a domain that i use to learn things from.

Member #
    Ok .I would like to learn new things.looking it up on google now.Thanks!

Remove Ads