Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My first website - hope to get your feedback :)

Hello everybody!

I am new here

After a lot of work (over a year of learning and developing) that included learning everything from scratch, learning to write CSS and design the web for the first time in my life, here is my first website (built with Drupal).

As you will probably notice, it is still under development, but I hope you can give me a practical feedback for improving the design and make it more modern & attractive.

Since I am a new designer without an experience, I will really appreciate it if you can give me feedback and some practical recommendation.
    With practical recommendation, it will be easy for me to understand your feedback, and maybe to implement it on my site easily.

Here is the link:
    Recipes People |

Thanks Everybody - really appreciate the help
    Hope to get some awesome ideas for improving the design!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi from Eddie P -- I'm also pretty new here.

It's nice to see what a Drupal site looks like. Very clean, but with lots of good info. Too bad I'm not into cooking, etc.

I had no problem with any site navigation. My only suggestion: since you have "fun" in your tagline -- you need to add a little fun on your site.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie70 View Post
    Hi from Eddie P -- I'm also pretty new here.

It's nice to see what a Drupal site looks like. Very clean, but with lots of good info. Too bad I'm not into cooking, etc.

I had no problem with any site navigation. My only suggestion: since you have "fun" in your tagline -- you need to add a little fun on your site.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Can you please explain what do you mean by "fun"?
    Do you have any specific elements in mind?

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Cool stuff. Here are my thoughts.

1. "Recipes People" doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
    2. "Recipes People," as a phrase, doesn't really make sense to me?
    3. Cool recipe template page... but I think you should consider comments on recipes.
    4. I actually already have a go-to website for recipes: allrecipes.com. You should take a look at them for ideas.
    5. At first glance, your site isn't very exciting. Too many gray filler boxes. I know that will change as you get photos up, but maybe you should have a different default photo? One that's colorful?
    6. Responsive views need some work. For a site that big, I might even recommend hiding a bunch of stuff when the viewport is less than x width.

Overall, a very interesting and ambitious project. Just looks very empty right now.

Just curious, how long did it take you to do that site?

Remove Ads