Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Need help with premium theme I'm developing

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a wordpress theme to sell on ThemeForest and I'm constantly getting soft rejects. I'm really stuck and can't see what I'm doing wrong so any constructive critique would help...

Thanks...

Here are the links:

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    One of the biggest obstacles of getting a theme on there is to have one that is original enough. If they did not have this guideline and review process, then their marketplace would turn into a poop storm. I believe even with their guidelines, their marketplace is saturated with designs very similar to yours, and so if they see similar designs, they probably accept ones from veteran authors and reject the others. It sucks, but this is an issue that everyone has to deal with when it comes to making money on a platform you don't control.

In terms of what you do do better, I think the menu lacks contrast. In terms of options, there is very little customization with colors. These colors only seem to affect about .05% of the actual space. You menu doesn't even change colors, which is odd, because you would expect your menu to stick out and possibly use the accent colors as well.

Just curious, how long did it take you to do all this? It looks like a lot of work, esp. working with both BBpress and Woocommerce.

Member #
    Thanks for being constructive...

I've discussed uniqueness with them and this is basically one of the few boxed themes (nowdays everyone has full width layouts) so that's not the problem. Problem was in details, but you're right. It lacks color. I'll have to do something with that.

If you're developing WP theme for the first time, it takes about 4-5 months to figure everything out. And mostly because you'll be hitting the wall every few days which is frustrating as hell. But this theme took me 2 months non-stop work. bbPress was easy to modify, but WooCommerce is much harder because it has lots of template files to fix/modify. But have in mind that it's easier to load already set CSS files and than modify some elements than to start from the scratch (especially with bbPress).

Remove Ads