Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Here is my new website :
    www.e6x.com

Please give me your thoughts on it. A wrote a quick little poll for it so you can rate it. I was going to have a place to submit comments too but then what would be the point of the board?

Thanks a lot. I really want this site to look good when it is done. Also, there is a bug in Mozilla which causes the columns in the main table to each have a width of 50%. I am eventually going to get it verified and it will be generated with PHP, so I am not too worried right now.

Member #
    My main concern is with the content box on the lefthand side, you cannot read it at all..
    Also, i think you need to get your color scheme sorted out. There are a number of colors on the homepage that simply dont go together.

So far, its not too bad but it needs some work, in my opinion.

Member #
    You need to check upm on your spelling, but about the design.

Green bit on left side
    I don't like this. It kind of goes with the red, but not with anything else.

Style Sheet in Progress
    I can't read that bit, especially the title, need to sort out the text colour.

border
    I think the site wuld look better with a 1px css border in say white around it, if you are to keep the black bg.

At the moment, its okay, but with a little more work, it'll be great, keep on going 3/5.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    *sigh*

I might just do better to make another grey site. As far as color scheme's go I can't think of anything easier to pull off than blue and grey. Just wanted to try somthing different...

One of the biggest problems is that whether or not you can see the text is based on the contrast between the background and the foreground, which is based entirley on the users moniter. I like my contast up high, brightness is up high too.

Member #
    i think it would look better if you just used a background that didnt clash with the color of the text..

Dont feel too down. Its a good design, the only thing that i think is important is the content box on the side, thats gotta change.

Member #
    Yeah. Finding a color scheme is hard. Whats bad is I acctually had a color scheme. I mean, I drew the entire thing in Flash, picked like 6 colors I liked and thought went together (I even used the javascript color thingy for some of it) and then converted all the different bars to symbols. Then I tinted all the bars and played with it till it was looking good. It just seems the the moniter is butchering it, and that a few colors didn't go together as well as I had hoped. Mabey tonight I will try again and pick a whole new color scheme (light pastals mabey?) If that doesn't work I might end up shelling out some major turtle bucks for some major help.

Thanks buntine.

Member #
    I agree with the crits that have been given. I'm not a fan of the bottom left corner of the design, with those repeating lines. It looks like a tiling bg to me, and I'm not a fan of it. Also, the blue bar you have at the top could go, and make way for a larger banner. It looks like it's squishing the banner. And put some text in the banner! Name the site!

OK, that's enough for now, keep up the good work.

Member #
    All right, I have redone the site in a new color scheme, and I might redo it again tonight. I think the color scheme has addressed all the readability issues.

Spluf: I changed the design of the lower left corner. I think it makes it a little better. The bar you wanted me to get rid of, despite being blank right now, is actually where the main nav for my site is going to go I want dropdown style JavaScript menus; hoping it looks better once it has content in it. The banner is still being worked on, I have actually had a few different idea's for it, expect some concept sketches later.

Thanks for the comments. I'll keep working on it, there are only what, 65536 colors, bound to get it sooner or later

Thanks!

Member #
    I dont like how the banner is getting squished at the end. If the bar at the top is going to have the nav, then I'd recommend getting rid of the bar right below it that says "coming soon". Those two bars are redundant. It looks like you have a cool banner, but you can barely see the banner on the right.

Also, you have three boxes on the left side, which look like they should have content in them that changes frequently. Building a box into your design that just says "Style sheet in progress" isn't a good idea, esp if you dont have anything to replace that with. If that message is up there for too long, it will end up doing more harm then good.

This is all just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Member #
    There is actually a purpose for the two different bars, which would be more apparent if the site was larger. The first navigation covers the entire site, the second bar has a section title and navigation pertaining only to that section. So, the second bar could have a title such as latest events, then have page 1, page 2, page 3, et.

The boxes will be dynamic in the end, as they will be generated by PHP. Each section will probably all have there own box messages, that will be stored in a database and fetched randomly based on the pagename.

I also made a new layout! I was going for that really light, Japanese pastel look. Don't know whether I like it or not. Check out the banner it uses. Would something like that be better? It does get squished at all. I think I'll eventually make a banner that is designed to actually fit in that space. Flash could be good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads